A Conversation for The h2g2 RPG Club

Skyrim

Post 141

Vip

Buying the first level Restoration perk really is helpful even to those of us who are avoiding magic. 50% reduction in mana cost goes a long way when you're still at baseline 100 mana.

smiley - fairy


Skyrim

Post 142

Titania (gone for lunch)

I think I'm beginning to turn into a dragon magnet smiley - erm One attacked me out in the wilderness when I was approaching a mountain to see where the loud noise was coming from, despite me sneaking. And right now, I was peacefully walking out of a city when a smiley - dragon showed up from nowhere.

Once you become a Dragonborn, make sure to go up the 7,000 steps...


Skyrim

Post 143

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I didn't realise the little alcoves along the 7,000 steps told a story until I was right at the top.

I did take some gold from one of them though.

Currenlty in Falkreath, which seems a bloody miserable place even by Dunmer standards.


Skyrim

Post 144

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

And I think if/when I pick a side I'll to join the Imperial Legion... idealogically I agreed with the Stormcloaks to start with but they're coming across as increasingly backward and xenophobic whereas the Imperials have money and corruption.


Skyrim

Post 145

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - cool I learnt Transmute from a skill book, meaning I can create a silver ore from an iron ore, or a gold or from a silver ore.


Skyrim

Post 146

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Nice. I got Clairvoyance from a book which is darn useful if I'm on a particular quest and get lost (due to being very much in "ooh, what's over there?" mode still)


Skyrim

Post 147

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I also have a staff of zombies.


Skyrim

Post 148

Titania (gone for lunch)

In a way, it's a bit frustrating but also a perfect exampel of how new this game is - I have a looooong list of quests and am trying to figure out which one Aela (of the Companions) is waiting for - and there's no complete list to be found yet!smiley - laugh


Skyrim

Post 149

Titania (gone for lunch)

Theory confirmed, dragons seem to be ready to attack me where ever I go, this time in the mountains heading for a cave. I think I might have practising shouting a bit too much for their comfort, not sure.


Skyrim

Post 150

IctoanAWEWawi

Inventory and interaction buginess - boy do I get hacked off with the speach selection bug whereby it doesn't use the selection you clicked on. smiley - grr
And yes, had the sell/buy drop out thing a bit.
Only real inventory bug I've found is with quest items. The sword/dagger thing for the eldergleam kynareth quest disappears if you try and place it on a wall mount weapon slot (if you have a house with one).
Also, I now have 3 of those weirds floaty gems that you are supposed to join the thieves guild to find out about. Only I don't want to. But I can't place them anywhere as they are quest items so I have 1.5 inventory weight taken up. Similarly, I ended up doing a dungeon that appears to be a bard's quest, so now I have a book and a 'claw' that I can't get rid of cos they are quest items, but I never received the quest.

And what's with the enchantments? I learnt an enchantment at, say , 15 pts and I now have an item at 30pts. But it says I already know it when I try to disenchant, yet when enchanting I only have the 15pt option. So I lose enchantment if I upgrade and item. smiley - grr again.

OTOH found an ebony mine and now only 1 level up from crafting ebony smiley - biggrin


Skyrim

Post 151

IctoanAWEWawi

mind you, on bugginess, I'm someone who played Daggerfall through a couple of times. *nothing* comes close to daggerfall for bugginess! It's almost a badge of honour or id for being an elder scrolls game. Heck, even the fallout 3+ stuff is fine and that's based on the whole elder scrolls approach.

So yeah, after persevering for over a year with daggerfall, I can forgive quite a lot.

Right, off to try and kill an undead wizard with serioursly powerful thu'um skills and ability to create dopplegangers...


Skyrim

Post 152

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Wooo! I'm in the theives guild... I like games with organisations like this as I like my 'bad' characters to have purpose rather than being petty thugs.

Plus I get nifty armour.


Skyrim

Post 153

Titania (gone for lunch)

I quite like having my base in Whiterun, it's a friendly enough place, nothing much happening here - well, apart from that drinking challenge and the werewolf thing. Oh, and the dragon. But in general, people seem friendly. Well, except for the feud between the Greymanes and the Battle-born. And the Khajiit not being allowed inside the walls.

But apart from all that...smiley - silly


Skyrim

Post 154

Titania (gone for lunch)

And as for the buggy inventory, the problems seem to have lessened after I got rid of a lot of stuff - the less items, the less trouble.


Skyrim

Post 155

Titania (gone for lunch)

Good grief, who ever it is doing the voice of Molag Bal, he's doing a pretty good job!smiley - ok


Skyrim

Post 156

I'm not really here

*bows down before Ictoan* You finished Daggerfall? I'm impressed! I gave up!

I've had no bugs on the PS3, except a slight shimmer every now and then. Where are the 7000 steps? ILst night I become Dragnborn, a Thane and a home owner. I am being attacked by something flying about my head, that did get me with a huge gout of flame before I started hiding, but I'm at Red Eagle somethingorother so I wasn't sure whether it's an Eagle...

I still like my Forsworn armour, and am resisting the Elven armour I've found (Ugleeeeeeeeeeee), so am doing a lot of sneaking about now. Just waiting for the x3 sneak attack perk!


Skyrim

Post 157

I'm not really here

And I love my little follower, she carries all my stuff, and even selects the best bits for herself, and she doesn't charge in like the follower I had before (who died, the bloody idiot). Although I could do without the sarcastic 'I am sworn to carry your burdens' every time I give her something. *sigh*


Skyrim

Post 158

Titania (gone for lunch)

Make sure to make the Dragonborn quest the only active one in your quest list, and it'll show on the map. I seem to notoriously pick the wrong way around a mountain each and every time (allows me to 'discover' more of the map, but annoying). For the steps, I'd go clockwise.


Skyrim

Post 159

Titania (gone for lunch)

*twitch*

It happened again! This time, I arrived at Markath with horse and carriage, and I had barely gotten inside the walls when two of the guards pulled out their bows and aimed upwards.

Vaguely, I could see a dragon through the snowfall. I ran to a place with free sight, feeling trapped among the houses, but it was gone again.

*twitch*

*developing dragon paranoia*

*twitch*


Skyrim

Post 160

Titania (gone for lunch)

Winterhold has no stables?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more