Come to the Broadstairs/Thanet meet!

9 Conversations

Howdy

Anbody fancy a meet in Thanet? If so, whack your name in the 'Yep, I'm up for a drinkie in Fannit' thread below.

There is also a Broadstairs/Margate thread, but it's largely redundant as we've plumped for Broadstairs. It was a bit of a no-brainer, thanks to the Broadstairs Pub Crawl entry.

Just think: Golden sands, quaint atmosphere, lovely little harbour and loads of Dickens. What better way to enjoy Broadstairs than to ignore all of that and go on the world's greatest downhill pub crawl?

Where is Broadstairs?



Broadstairs is in
Thanet
,
and Thanet is in
Kent
. The easiest way to get there is to get to London then hop on a train from London Victoria. Unless you're in mainland Europe. If you're in mainland Europe there might be a quicker route via Eurostar to Ashford but, with the British rail network being what it is, it'll still probably be quicker to go via London. Or swim.1

Who's to blame?

I'm not sure who's idea this was but I, Roymondo, am updating this page. Mazin' Mad Fiddler, keeper of ferrets and appended by too much stuff for me to type, has taken over the organisation of the event, for which you can all breathe a sigh of relief. Not only is he much more reliable than I, he also knows these pubs like the back of his fiddle(s).

We might make a whole weekend out of it. Floorspace has been offered or we could hire a few rooms in a B&B at approximately twenty squids.2

We have a date!

20th & 21st of marvellous May

Click here to see a list of the crawlers.

Click here to read the Guide entry on Thanet.



Have a read of the meet guidelines and sign up below.

Come on, you know you want to!

1But don't swim back. Swimming whilst drunk isn't a good idea.2That'd be a nautical, seasidey reference, although I'm fairly certain there are no squids off Fannit.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A8566572

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more