Ormy's Highlights of h2g2

1 Conversation

I'm proud to support all of these fine institutions found among the varied delights of h2g2:

It's hoopy up North


Gradely!Sup up!'Appen I'm a fully paid-up member of The Flat Cap And Muffler Sports and Social Club (Affiliated) - the friendly association of Northern English h2g2 Researchers that has organised meets in Manchester, Leeds and Bradford, and is even now plotting further gatherings. If you too are based up at the top end of England, why not come and join us?

Quiet please... smiley - zen


Need somewhere quiet and peaceful to go amid all the hurly-burly of h2g2 and RL? Then you'll find a warm welcome at the United Friends of h2g2Space, where aggression and acrimony is banished and all is calm and placid. smiley - hugsmiley - peacesign

Alternatively, why not take a break or meditate under The h2g2 Japanese Maple, grown by Pinwheel Pearl? The scenery is lovely, and the only sounds come from pleasant conversation and the occasional outbreak of smiley - zen chanting.smiley - peacedove

The h2g2 Fantasy Football League




Fancy yourself as a football tipster? Then come and join The h2g2 Fantasy Football League!

The way it works is that League organiser GreyDesk posts a list of forthcoming fixtures for League players to ponder. Points can be picked up for predicting the results of the matches and the first scorer in each game.

It's that simple! So come on over and join in the fun!

Read all about it...


Amy The Ant created this great logo for my (now discontinued) 'h2g2 Post' column! Note the Bradford City FC colours, the plump body and the glum expression, all of which, some might say, are highly appropriate for anything associated with me. ...In the h2g2 Post, this site's very own community newspaper! It features all kinds of articles, cartoons, recipes and poems, and you can find out what's going on around h2g2 in the 'Announcements' column. There are also lots of special features every week!

One of these days...


What's the hurry?

...Perhaps I'll get around to telling you just how great The Royal h2g2 Procrastinators' Society is.

And how Goshoogoshoogosh founded it as a place to go for all those of us on h2g2 who somehow, despite all our best intentions, just never quite seem to get around to things.


But let's not rush into this, eh? After all, there's always tomorrow....


Meet the people who understand


How to minimise the time between waking up and logging on.

Do you dream in Brunel, Goo and Alabaster? Or do you not get around to dreaming, or sleeping, because you're too busy writing Entries and having Conversations? Do you often log on here before breakfast? Do you frequently put off trivial matters, such as eating, because you're far too busy here on h2g2?

Then come to the place where your need is shared and understood. At h2g2 Anonymous, founded by deackie, we know that it's not us who have a problem. It's the rest of humanity that needs to discover h2g2, and kick its chronic addiction to so-called 'real life'.


It's good to talk

And here's perhaps the finest place on h2g2 for civilised, erudite discussion: Lil's Atelier.

Beware of the backlog!

h2g2 magical mystery tours!


The magical mystery tours are waiting to take you away!

Throw caution to the wind and try some random reading!

By using h2g2's Infinite Improbability Drive, you can take a trip to a randomly-chosen Guide Entry in the category of your choice!

You can visit a random Edited Entry, a random Recommended Entry (that is, one that's been Recommended by a Scout but hasn't yet been fully Edited), a random 'normal' Entry (i.e. one that's neither been Edited nor Recommended} - or take a trip to a totally randomly-chosen Entry!

The URL for random Entries will stay in your browser window, so if you want to carry on your mystery tour, just keep hitting your browser bar's 'refresh' button, and you'll keep being taken to more randomly-chosen Entries!

Select your destination:

A random Edited Entry

A random Recommended Entry

A random 'normal' Entry

A completely random Entry


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A835229

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more