A Conversation for Talking Point: Special Occasions away from Home

Birthdays

Post 1

SDI Divemaster

I have never enjoyed my birthdays. It has nothing to do do with aging, I have disliked them for almost as long as I can remember. I now have a job that allows me to travel, and I do my best to be out of town and if possible out of touch. I dread those years when my birthday falls on a weekend and I have to be home.


Birthdays

Post 2

NailsAndSteel

If it has nothing to do with aging, why do you hate your birthdays so much? Do you just not like getting made a fuss over? I always have a grand time on my birthday.


Birthdays

Post 3

SDI Divemaster

Birthdays and holidays in my experience have always been stressfull and hectic. The reasons would take entirely too long to explain, but there it is. Its worth noting that the holidays that I enjoy are the ones with little or no emotional investment, Haloween and the 4th of July. If I could find a holiday with candy, costumes and explosives I'd be very happy to simply have one of those quarterly and forget about the rest.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more