A Conversation for Talking Point: The Subtle Art of Flirting

B**gered i i know!

Post 1

Northern Boy (lost somewhere in the great rhubarb triangle) <master of Freudian typos> Man or Badger?

I've always found that when i am conciously trying to flirt or otherwise attract a potential partner i make a complete hash of it and it is only when i've stop bothering about trying to meet someone that i suddenly start to attract people subconciously.

This as you can probably imagine is not a great thing. I know i can flrit/attract someone but when i actively want to i usually make an a**e of myself.

ah well, never ming eh smiley - cheers


B**gered i i know!

Post 2

Mina

Was that a deliberate typo? Never ming?

smiley - laugh

Maybe you need to flirt with a few mings before you find your princess. smiley - winkeye


B**gered if i know!

Post 3

Northern Boy (lost somewhere in the great rhubarb triangle) <master of Freudian typos> Man or Badger?

Curses foiled again! damn freudian typos smiley - laugh


B**gered if i know!

Post 4

GentleZacharias

Aye, I think they need to invent a Freudian typewriter or keyboard that would insert embarrassingly insightful typos at random intervals. Come to think of it, maybe they already have.... *peer*

-Rivaine
smiley - booksmiley - geek


B**gered if i know!

Post 5

Mina

I think they insert one into your pc without you noticing, after a few months of being online. smiley - blue


B**gered if i know!

Post 6

aortiz

smiley - smiley


B**gered i i know!

Post 7

BrightDarkness

Maybe the reason your having trouble concisely flirting is because you appear tense. Perhaps when your not looking to attract people you seem more laid back.

As for the Freudian keyboard I think this needs some serious investigation. It would explain most of my internet problems.smiley - tongueout


B**gered i i know!

Post 8

aortiz

When a person appears tense-you know it is so important to them that you like them...this can be a good thing or it can make you uncomfortable.

What do you think would make you less tense???


B**gered i i know!

Post 9

GentleZacharias

No idea, but you're right... when I like someone, I'm so nervous that I'm not myself, and then they think I'm some kind of giggly, waffly twit, as opposed to being with someone I don't think of as having a gender (you know when you have a friend of the opposite sex who has been your friend for so long that their gender ceases to matter), and then I'm relaxed. Ah, the irony.
-Rivaine
smiley - booksmiley - geek


B**gered i i know!

Post 10

A Super Furry Animal

Is a Freudian typo when your mean one thing and type a mother?


B**gered i i know!

Post 11

carrot_juice

No, it's like in Star Trek: Enterprise when the capatain guy has sexual tension and he's like "send me your lips- lisp- list!" then "Do your breast- Best!" it means you make a revealing slipup because your brain accidentally types what you are really thinking- Example: I was AIMing this girl I dig and I was like "how long did you love(instead of live) in san antonio?


B**gered i i know!

Post 12

Outer_Real

"When a person appears tense-you know it is so important to them that you like them"

It doesn't tell you the reason they are nervous - they maybe genuinely in love, or they may simply be very sexually attracted to you, and otherwise disinterested in your company. Or they may be frightened or confused for some completely random and bizarre reason.smiley - erm


B**gered i i know!

Post 13

Michele - Doily Mogul: Don't leave me! If you go there'll be no braincells in the room at all!

I find that a 2x4 usually does a good job of getting their attention. smiley - smiley I don't know that they're necessarily "attracted" to me afterward...

I think I need to work on that... smiley - whistle


Key: Complain about this post