A Conversation for Attack of the Clones (Spoilers)

Did you see it in the background?

Post 1

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

When I went back for the second time, I started watching the backgound more. I've noticed a few things.

There are red imperial guards in Palaptine's office during the meetings.

Anyone else see something odd or neat in the background?


Did you see it in the background?

Post 2

Jim Lynn

I didn't notice those, but they were mentioned in 'The Art of Episode II' as something they put in to link the film with the original trilogy. Along with the clone armour, and the proto-star destroyers at the end, of course.


Did you see it in the background?

Post 3

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

There's always a bunch of stuff going on in the background of a Star Wars movie. Lucas and ILM are overly enamored of easter eggs.

Howard the Duck is in the movie too.


Did you see it in the background?

Post 4

Jamie

Just saw it this morning (happiness is a quiet cinema) That settles it, I'm definately gonna see it a second time (at least). Any chance to see Howard the Duck in there is too good to miss smiley - silly

Personally, I was struck by the opening starfield pan. Not by the direction, oddly. By the fact that they got the speed right this time so the stars weren't doubled up. Looks like Lucas has finally picked up something useful from Kubrick... pity some of the other slow pans were badly handeled. Then again, this is a general cinema problem anyway.

I wasn't entirely convinced by Yoda fighting though. Ok, the 'green spinning ball of death' technique was probably the most appropriate for him, but I kind of expected him to be wielding the lightsaber mentally.

I think the best shot he gets is his entrance with the clones. He actually makes for a surprisingly convincing general, even without a funny hat.

Nice to see some female Jedi getting some action this time too.

So, we got Ms Portman's midriff this time (and all her back too, natch). Wonder if this is the buildup to the chainmail bikini in Ep. 3?

(dream on, fanboy smiley - winkeye)

Anyone else think Christopher Lee was underplaying things a bit much?

Notice my sentences getting shorter?

Better stop.

Now.


Did you see it in the background?

Post 5

Mister Matty

Also did anyone notice that the ship Obi-Wan flew in had the "Imperial" insignia on the side? Something we can assume represents the Galactic government.

I noticed the "Imperial Guards" in the Chancellors room (mainly thanks to me reading some of this thread last night (I saw the film today) and reading two-bit's post). I didn't noticed Howard the Duck smiley - sadface


Did you see it in the background?

Post 6

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

Howard was in the Jedi library I think. It was right after Obi Wan finsihed talking to Mace and Yoda. He walks in front of some stairs, and the duck is walking down the stairs. He's about 5' tall this time.

I love Christopher Lee. He's been in my favorite movies, the Three Musketeers. The stunt coordinator was at Calebration, and he said that Lee was very skiled, but due to his age, there was only so much physcal stuff that he could do.


Did you see it in the background?

Post 7

[...]


THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH ANYONE THAT CAN'T SEE PALPANTINE AS THE EMPEROR...

THREE THINGS I LOVED:

i/ "I LOVE DEMOCRACY, AND I LOVE THE REPUBLIC... AND I PROMISE THAT I WILL HAND MY POWER BACK OVER AS SOON AS THIS WAR IS OVER..."

ii/ THE 'PLANS'...ie THE LOVELY LITTLE DEATH STAR HOLOGRAM!!! WOO YEAH!!!

iii/ "I KILLED THEM. I KILLED THEM ALL..." #BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM BABAM BA BA-BAM...

GO GO IMPERIAL MARCH!!!


ONE QUESTION: WHY DO LIGHT SABRES ONLY CUT OFF RIGHT HANDS OR MAKE ALEC GUINESS DISAPPEAR???????


Did you see it in the background?

Post 8

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

And heads, don't forget heads....


Did you see it in the background?

Post 9

[...]


WHO LOST THEIR HEAD... OH... JANGO!!!

LET'S SEE...
GUY IN BAR- HAND...
OBI-WAN- HIMSELF..
LUKE- HAND...
VADER- HAND...
MAUL- TORSO...
JANGO- HEAD...
ANAKIN- HAND...

'ZAM WESSEL' GRAPHIC NOVEL...
THREE EYED GUY- LOST HAND TO 'MASTER POOF': A 'QUERMIAN'!!!


Did you see it in the background?

Post 10

[...]


I MEAN FOUR-EYED...


WORST MISTAKE... JANGO WITHOUT HIS HELMET ON... AND BOBA...

I PREFERED THE 'ASS KICKING' CYBORG MAN KINDA THING!!!


Key: Complain about this post