A Conversation for The MOTMV Mansion

The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17641

EvilClaw: The Catmanthing

Mershingle? smiley - bruised *collapse*


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17642

Thorn

That,- or some sort of a kind of punk monk... who does immolation and things (to get attention, when other things don't work?).
Me, I just sit and I sulk, really.

May have lost my dear ladyfriend in Rl, that I was telling Elwyn about the other day...
smiley - sadface
Here is a tale, and this is how it goes (so, groan & sulk now _if you all like) :
She was busy/engaged in talking to some of her own friends when I accidentally happened to stumble upon being on the same floor (in the library). Yes, well- you see, I was happy to see her_ at first. Since we'd both already had a long and yes, nice chat... about stuff, and things _ that day earlier, then it suddenly dawned across to me that there really anything much/left to talk about. Then,- well, then *snifle?* I decided it would not be best to have a 'meeting' then and there because that would be awkward (& also, thorn does not wish to embarass her in this sort of way -in front of/with her other friends there, now does he?). So, in a typical fit of ineptitude I ducked into the hall/corridor of one of the set of shelve alcoves and just went about trying to look for things to get myself distracted into; all the computers were full, with people wh**ing themselves over on Myspace again, as usual. That is not the point. The thing that has concerned me is the way she seemed kind of almost shocked, and then suddenly had to go check something on a different floor via elevator. I hope she did not think I was stalking her... because I wasn't.
That would really suck, big time.

smiley - wah, if I do say that I like her, she won't wanna be friends anymore, perhaps. If I don't, then how does that show care/compassion or concern? Ha-ha (@ self). Why did it have to be that floor? On that day? This sort of thing had already happened once before... what if that cements the image into her mind? smiley - yikes
Thorn is feeling himself to be in a bummer,- is not so much the uni-bom-ber. That's the problem with being tall & shaggy haired, bespectacled and moody. & I do notice that _because why else would it be that oftentimes people sort of wince or otherwise have hesitation entering the elevator, on the noticing that I am the only other person already in it? I do not 'want' to cause my friend discomfort. That seemed to have-though.
Tomorrow I have the morning lecture where we usually sit together (and try to sort of enjoy eachother's company- a little) in spite of when it might be the hyper-professor in the department who's turn it is that day to be giving the lecture (really fast).
Oh, no...
smiley - blue


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17643

Thorn

She's a bright gal though,- maybe she'll understand?
*Is not so sure about this because of how badly it seemed to have gone,... in his mind*
smiley - skull

It was funny though, almost in an ironic sort of a way, when she and I were having our bit of a chat. Maybe the reason why we had usually gotten along so well, most of the time- is that her sign turns out to be cancer, and mine's a pisces?

smiley - laugh
Both of a watery kind of element. Perhaps.
*Sulk-sulk*

smiley - erm, OHhhh....
*Continues sulking/brooding gloomily*


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17644

Thorn

On the one hand,
there is the chance that she does like me back sorta, 'Cuz why else would there be occasional bits of flirtation and stuff in our conversations otherwise(smiley - huh)?

On the other hand,
Last time I'd tried figuring that one out_ I'd gotten rejected in high school, and it took one h*ll of a time to patch the relationship back up/together. For some time too, I think,- although my memory of it is a tad foggy.

In Zaphod Beeblebrox's third hand,
there is also the possibility that she had felt just as awkward then as I had, at the library,- with that almost-encounter, where neither one of else really would have had anything much to say.
Hmm...
This is confusing.

smiley - headhurts


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17645

Thorn

The fourth added layer of unnecessary additional convolution stems from the fact that even in the event that she does like me back, since we have been friends already for a number of years (okay, mybe 2or 3-four tops, but when a person is only 18/-19, that... well, you get what I mean), well then _there is-still the whole matter of dating. It is a messy business, and a odd/strange proposition. From as far as I have gathered, there is a good chance (quite a good chance) that her parents will not like me.
They might not like me for several reasons, of these some chiefly being:
1.) I am male.
2.) I am white.
3.) They do not already know me.
+
4.) As she and I had discussed beforehand once, even if I was rich &/or of the same ethnic group (both of which I am not),- it still would not help ...much.

Stupid TV and smiley - books and movies all make this whole thing look like a simplified cakewalk. I'd rather take a grasp at understanding the calculus I'm supposed to take up ahead in a couple more semesters, _and I don't even like math... that much.
smiley - dohsmiley - footinmouth


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17646

Thorn

smiley - rofl

All this trouble getting heaped down onto people's heads, and it was all just so that a smiley - silly headed adolescent could go about the whole wishy-washy if-maybe business about asking a crush if she would like to go have a smiley - coffee or hot chocolate with him -because it was a cold & rainy windy day outside. smiley - sorry people.
*I'm Sor-ry!*


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17647

Thorn

I'm sorry for all this moody backlog folks.
Tomorrow is going to be so random & up in the air...
I don't know whether I should be expecting to be presented a search-warrant by someone or surprised by a kiss.
smiley - weird luck, perhaps.
smiley - skullsmiley - skull


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17648

Thorn

*And so upon this, our young Visigoth narrator pauses for the clavichordal fugue interlude, and sits on cathedral stairs outside (atmospheric, huh?) to scritch EC between the ears*
"[...]"


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17649

Thorn

(D@*n, right on my dramatic buildup of the anticlimax to, there is a missing too in that last post up there, somewhere. For even the typos, sensing Thorn's lousy state-of-a-mood, have chosen this as an opportune time, to creep their way into his writing). smiley - skull
smiley - laughsmiley - laugh


The New New MotMV Tea room

Post 17650

Thorn

No _it was an and.
smiley - groan


& this is the end_to Thorn's murk of a sad and melancholy tale (thank goodness).

Post 17651

Thorn

fin.


& this is the end_to Thorn's murk of a sad and melancholy tale (thank goodness).

Post 17652

Fish's Freak

Thorn, I'll leave a reply to this on your PS. smiley - ok


& this is the end_to Thorn's murk of a sad and melancholy tale (thank goodness).

Post 17653

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Thorn... well, first of all, how many posts can you make in a row?! smiley - crossJeez. This is exhausting!


Anyway, more to the matter:
smiley - hug
I'm really useless at all that sort of 'relationship' stuff, but I guess the main point here would be that if you _are_ very good friends, most chances are you'd stay that way.
smiley - ermMight make things awkward, though...
Okay, here's the thing - you said that you talk a lot. Do you trust her?
Because if you do, that's a good thing. If you feel you can tell her _everything_, you will be able to tell her that, too.

I think.

Worked for me, anyway. *shrug* smiley - loveblush

As for the differences: I can tell you that my family is very unhappy about me and Dan. Because he comes from a different religion, culture, background, country; because they are afraid that this will drive me apart from them.
But you know what? It'll all work out, in the end. One way or another, it has to. I know that this is right - me and Dan - so in the end, I know they will accept it. Maybe begrudgingly at first, but they'll accept it. Otherwise it really will drive us apart, and none of us wants that.


Hope that helps. Feel free to leave a message on my PS if you want to discuss things further.

smiley - goodluck!


& this is the end_to Thorn's murk of a sad and melancholy tale (thank goodness).

Post 17654

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I can really not help you in this matter, but smiley - hug and smiley - goodluck, Thorn.


& this is the end_to Thorn's murk of a sad and melancholy tale (thank goodness).

Post 17655

eloisa

*kicks through debris to get to comatose EC, checks if he is still breathing*

ARE YOU STILL BREATHING?

*steals and eats his cake*


& this is the end_to Thorn's murk of a sad and melancholy tale (thank goodness).

Post 17656

EvilClaw: The Catmanthing

Oh I'm still breathing. But someone shaved my tail and dyed me pink while I was asleep...


& this is the end_to Thorn's murk of a sad and melancholy tale (thank goodness).

Post 17657

eloisa

Do you want me to dye you blue now? You would then be a very fetching shade of purple which I feel would suit you better.


The New New MotMV Tearoom

Post 17658

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

Thorn, sometimes if you wait then the person you desire will meet somebody else, and that's... well, it ain't fun. smiley - erm

So yes, it's a risk, but at least if you take the risk then you won't always wonder "what if".


The New New MotMV Tearoom

Post 17659

eloisa

He's got a point you know. Why not tell her you snuck away in the library cos you didn't want to embarrass her in front of her friends. Then she might tell you you aren't embarassing to her and she thinks of you as a friend/more than that! Worth a try.


The New New MotMV Tearoom

Post 17660

Thorn

smiley - sorry
Gah! *Puts smiley - footinmouth + the kitchen sink*
Well, turned out that to her it was no big deal, and that it had made her laugh a bit. Then smiled and said I shouldn't worry that much about stuff. Which was great,- and all was fine, up 'til it turned out that immediately following that i had an essay due that I had just about all but forgotten in the row of that smiley - erm, mess.
smiley - doh
}Fwap!{ is the nopise made by irony as it slaps me upside ther head off-guard (regrounding the self back into reality).

*Really feels bad about cramming that long an emotion-spillguts onto the forum thread.*
smiley - flustered, smiley - erm...


Key: Complain about this post