A Conversation for The College of Magic and Psychic Powers

Greetings from Belaphon

Post 1

Shadowbane

Greetings I am Shadowbane of the Sorceror's Council of Belaphon. Need any extra teaching help? Well don't look at any of my people they are two busy preparing to beat up my evil double from a parralel universe! I'm a keen wargamer and fantasy fan check out my articles for everything from Why Inquisitor rocks to how Harry Potter is clearly Plaigerised! Cheers guys great articlesmiley - ale!


Greetings from Belaphon

Post 2

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Good evening Shadowbane!


Greetings from Belaphon

Post 3

Shadowbane

Good Morning nice to know somebody is reading my stuff!smiley - biggrin Potter Plaigerisms and Inquisitor Rocks have just been submited for peer review if your intrested.


Greetings from Belaphon

Post 4

FordsTowel

Yes, SB, people will be reading your stuff. Welcome!

It will also be important for you to do a bit of reading, as well (as suggested by your ACE 'mandy' - in the 'Hi Shadowbane' on your homepage).

If you are going to be submitting entries to Peer Review (the only way to get an entry accepted as an EG - Edited Guide - entry), you will need to learn a few of the guidelines (as we all have had to do). Mandy gave you a link to 'Writing Guidelines'.

You will find that the editors will not pick up a piece that uses the 'I' word. First person is not used, and they give some pretty good reasons why (not easy when you are writing from personal experience). Apparently, they aren't too hot on humour for humour's sake. Small doses, in informative entries, is what gets you there.

For your other writings, though, you have plenty of opportunity! Try the Alternative Writing areas. They love humour, and insanity. I noticed that you enjoyed 'Picking Up People With Trees', so you'd probably fit right in.

smiley - towel




Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more