The Temple of Confusionism

6 Conversations

Not to be Confused with Confucianism...No actually...Go Ahead. Confuse Them


Officially recognized by The Avenue of Small Gods.

Unicycle

A cowboy and a horse at a barMan holding chicken in front of trippy, moving swirls in an attempt to hypnotise it!Confusionism. What is it? What's the point? Why should you want to be a part of it? The answers to these questions are not simple and, in all likelihood, do not exist. But then, how can we be sure that anything really exists, except in our minds? Sure, there is evidence that reality exists, but how do we know that this evidence is not just in our heads? And even if it could be proven, could it then be proven that the evidence which proves the evidence actually exists? And if so, does that necessarily mean that the evidence which proves the evidence which proves the other evidence is actual evidence?


Confused?


Good.


Only through confusion can we ever hope to make sense of anything for confusion, itself, is its own form of sense which has little to do with the actual, arguably nonexistent world.

Cornspepiabaggledoosh

Psychedelic astronaut landing on the moonOne of the easiest forms of confusion is the creation of nonexistent words. The confusion is generally increased when these non-words sound like real (arguably existent) words. This can be a word that has a similar sound as a "real" word (i.e. stayre) or a word which doesn't exist but sounds like it could (words fitting into this category generally vary from person to person).

Dress Nice

Folk in fancy dress.Altering one's appearance can greatly increase the confusion of others. Try dressing as your favorite superhero. Better yet, create your own superhero and dress as him/her. This way, in addition to being confused as to why you are dressed unusually, people will also be confused as to just who you are supposed to be dressed as. Some confusing things to wear could be a funny hat, weird sunglasses, hamburgers, or nothing at all.

New Friends

An underwater sheepWalk up to people you don't know and say something to them. This works particularly well if you can convince the stranger that they should know you from somewhere. Try reminding them of that night down at the local 7-11. Convincing the person that they owe you money is generally frowned upon, as the search for profit generally tends to detract from one's confusion duties.

kaepS drawkcaB

Skimming stones.confusing quite be can backwards Talking .esrever ni drow hcae epyt ot )gnimusnoc-emit dna( gnisufnoc etiuq eb osla nac ti ,gnipyt nehW

Stare at the Wall

A list of animal groups
People will wonder what you're looking at and, if you're lucky, they'll stop and stare, too.

So, Now...


Starting a conversation below would be a perfect chance to test your new skills. Also, if you'd like to apply to be an offical Confusionist, let me know, and I'll start an official list of members.
The Burrey Man


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A665769

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more