A Conversation for The Temple of Confusionism

Confusion tactics

Post 1

I'm not really here

Aha! I'm going to be doing really well at confusing people today.
I'm meeting some people later that know me fairly well online, and have seen me around a bit irl. But I'm going to be dressed totally differently, talk about different things, in a different way, be sober (yes, really! sober!) and the icing on the cake, I'm going to use a different name!
I think that deserves a gold star! smiley - laugh


Confusion tactics

Post 2

Arthbard

These are the moments I treasure. If my work has helped to confuse just one person...Well...I've done my job.


Confusion tactics

Post 3

I'm not really here

I think I ended up more confused as I forgot who I was suppsoed to be, but never mind. smiley - smiley


Confusion tactics

Post 4

Arthbard

So...My work helped to confuse one person, then. Excellent.


Confusion tactics

Post 5

I'm not really here

Well done!

Now, whose house, and more importantly, whose h2g2 account have I stumbled across?


Confusion tactics

Post 6

Arthbard

Oh...Well...Urr...It's mine isn't it?


Confusion tactics

Post 7

I'm not really here

smiley - erm Are you sure?


Confusion tactics

Post 8

Arthbard

smiley - erm I think so...Let me look...Arthbard Vootenoy...Yeah, pretty sure that ones mine.


Confusion tactics

Post 9

I'm not really here

Did you check in the mirror and under the bed? Those things can get all over the place!


Confusion tactics

Post 10

Arthbard

Okay, wait...Let me check the mirror...That's strange. It seems to contain an unattractive man with an abundance of facial hair...It kind of looks like...Oh, wait...smiley - blush...Never mind.

Alright, now. Under the bed...Let's see...Dust bunnies...Dead cockroach...A stack of magazines with pictures of...err...Famous poets...And one H2G2 account. Hmm...Where did that come from? Henry David Thoreau? This isn't mine. Come to think of it, neither are these magazines. I would never disrespect...Famous poets...In such a way.


Confusion tactics

Post 11

I'm not really here

That's what they all say about magazines under the bed. smiley - laugh Although I thought the updated smiley - geek excuse was 'those bookmarks aren't mine, I don't know how they got there, honest'. smiley - winkeye


Confusion tactics

Post 12

Arthbard

Well, I was under the bed at the time, so it doesn't really make sense that there would be bookmarks under there, anyway. Though, I suppose it makes about as much sense as having a strange H2G2 account under there, so why not?

*Ahem* I hearby state that there are bookmarks under my bed. I also wish it to be known that they are not mine and I don't know how they got there, honest.


Confusion tactics

Post 13

I'm not really here

hmmm, well, this one has your name on it as a registered user.


Confusion tactics

Post 14

Arthbard

Wait...Is that meant to refer to the account or the bookmarks. If it's the bookmark, it's really not mine, honestly. I've never seen it before in my life. It must belong to that stinking roomate of mine. If it's the account, who else's name would be there?


Confusion tactics

Post 15

I'm not really here

I meant the bookmark.


Confusion tactics

Post 16

Arthbard

Oh, well, that must be some kind of mistake. I've never seen that before in my life. Honestly, this kind of thing's not my bag, baby.


Confusion tactics

Post 17

I'm not really here

Oh well, you won't mind if I have it then, will you?

*helps herself to the bookmark*


Confusion tactics

Post 18

Arthbard

Oh...Well...Uhh...You know, it does have my name on it...Er...I suppose that makes it my duty to sort of...Uh...Get it back to its proper owner. So I should probably be taking it now. Won't be using it, of course, just holding onto it for a while...


Confusion tactics

Post 19

I'm not really here

smiley - cross
Not fair.


Confusion tactics

Post 20

Arthbard

Well, I'm sorry, but I think the owner would want his bookmark back. He's likely upset, as it is a very good bookmark. Not that I've used it, of course. I'm just guessing. And it probably isn't really good, anyway. It looks like it's disgusting and degrading and...other things.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more