A Conversation for A Muse on Bottled Beers

Hail GD

Post 1

The CAC CONTINUUM - The ongoing adventures of the Committee for Alien Content (a division of AggGag)

Your piece on bottled beers has been nominated for inclusion in a future AGG/GAG column of the h2g2Post.

I need to ask a couple of questions.
Was it ever put up for Peer Review?
Would you ever want it PR'd for the Edited Guide?
Is there some reason it would not get 'edited' for the Guide?

And beyond all that, would you object to AGG/GAG promoting it?
We would write a short review, saying why it wouldn't be in the Edited Guide and offering a link to the page for Post readers.

peace
jwf


Hail GD

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

*rattles bars*

Hey, you awake in there? smiley - laugh
Sorry m'old trout, didn't mean to wake you, but I'd like to chat about using this piece in our AGG/GAG column and I need to get answers to all that above, especially your feelings on the subject, and, any plans for having it in the Edited Guide at some future date. Not that our featuring it would prevent that, but I have the feeling the many 'commercial references' and 'brand names' might be a problem for the Edited Guide. Is that correct?

How you been anyway?

peace
jwf


Hail GD

Post 3

GreyDesk

Ooops sorry ~jwf~ didn't see you there! My "My conversations" list has got rather congested and you have to shout pretty loud to get heard these days.

I'd be honoured if this piece was to be included in the AGG/GAG list smiley - smiley The main reason for writing it was to finally put something back into the guide, rather than just taking all the time by chatting in the conversation forums. As you know I have a great fear that my writing is awful and writing this gave me a quietish place to practice. I'm now much happier with the results.

The piece was never intended for inclusion into the Edited Guide because it is a subject that will never get finished! It has more than tripled in length since its first outing and is liable to get bigger at any moment. Also all those links and commercial references cause a problem, its been moderated more than once for being "over commercial". So I now try to make the link point to something giving information first and not just the sales talk.

As for myself. I'm just fine. Still happily lurking over at Yahoo and reading my daily digest. And you know one day you might even get an answer to your question about those photos of Minehead. In the meantime, have a smiley - ale

GD smiley - smiley


Hail GD

Post 4

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Yes there is picture of the little river with the church in the BG, well actually I saw two versions of essentially the same composition, and in one of them there is definitely a 'Nessie' swimming in that river..

Hey Bud, your beers is coming out in this Thursday's Post!
good on ya, eh!
jwf


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more