A Conversation for The Celebrity Game!

I hate to interrupt

Post 281

Arthbard

So, why is it the life purpose of vegetables to be eaten, but not animals?


I hate to interrupt

Post 282

Researcher 185550

Animals are sentient. Vegetables aren't. I was the exception to the rule.


I hate to interrupt

Post 283

Researcher 185550

Plus if it's animals life purpose to be eaten, then it's /your/ life purpose to be eaten, hmmmmmmm?


I hate to interrupt

Post 284

Arthbard

It's only the life purpose of some animals to be eaten. Others have various other life purposes.


I hate to interrupt

Post 285

Researcher 185550

Ah. Yes I suppose. Many animals are raised for slaughtering. But that doesn't make it right, does it? To deliberately end the life of a sentient creature just so you can enjoy eating it's flesh?


I hate to interrupt

Post 286

Arthbard

I only eat the non-sentient ones.


I hate to interrupt

Post 287

Researcher 185550

Few examples, please?


I hate to interrupt

Post 288

Arthbard

Like...Um...Dead cow. Dead cow is a non-sentient being.


I hate to interrupt

Post 289

Researcher 185550

But cow is. You (well not /you/ specifically, I think) killed a cow to eat it's flesh. You killed a cow to make it a dead cow, to eat it's flesh.


I hate to interrupt

Post 290

Arthbard

For all you know, that cow might have died of natural causes.


I hate to interrupt

Post 291

Researcher 185550

I don't have a problem with that. But just think what you're eating. What did it die of? BSE?


I hate to interrupt

Post 292

Arthbard

I don't know. I think it was the rotating knives that did it.


I hate to interrupt

Post 293

Researcher 185550

That would be it then. Could have been the electric shock, actually, I suppose. But it was all so that people could eat it's flesh.


I hate to interrupt

Post 294

Arthbard

No. It was natural causes. It naturally wandered into the rotating knives. There's nothing I could do to stop that.


I hate to interrupt

Post 295

Researcher 185550

Fair enough, I suppose. I'm not vegetarian actually. I was just testing you.


I hate to interrupt

Post 296

Arthbard

Which means you were being dishonest, therefore you aren't Buddha.


I hate to interrupt

Post 297

Researcher 185550

I wasn't. I really am morally opposed to meat. I just eat it, that's all. And if that makes me not enlightened, then neither are you. See, I was testing you.


I hate to interrupt

Post 298

Arthbard

Not a bad test...But the real Buddha would know how enlightened I am without a test.


I hate to interrupt

Post 299

Researcher 185550

I did. That was another test.

The real Buddha (me) knows now that you're even more enlightened than I thought you were, largely as a result of that test. Your enlightenment is going up all the time.


I hate to interrupt

Post 300

Arthbard

Tell me about it...I don't know how I'm going to manage to pay this month's enlightenment bill.


Key: Complain about this post