Talking Point: Things that are Irredeemably Tacky

35 Conversations

Some things are just tacky. They might have been fashionable at some time, but for the life of you, you can't see why. Take '70s wing collar shirts as an example - aren't they just awful?

And do you remember Beany Boppers? That's those daft round balls on springs that people wore on headbands. Who in their right mind ever thought that they might be an amusing thing to wear? What on Earth were they thinking?

We're trying to create a page that lists the items that have absolutely no socially redeeming features at all. Here's a list of potential tacky areas to get you thinking!

  • Books
  • Cars
  • Christmas decorations
  • Clothes
  • Drinks
  • Famous people
  • Films
  • Food
  • Furniture
  • Gifts
  • Hairstyles
  • Hobbies
  • Interior decor
  • Make-up
  • Music
  • Party food
  • Pets
  • Slogans
  • TV programmes
A568721A319619Erotic editor wins bad sex prize

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A612479

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more