A Conversation for Long Distance Romantic Relationships: A Survival Guide

sleeping around

Post 1

microwaveable

Is it too much to ask from a guy NOT to sleep around because he's in a relationship, albeit it may be long-distance smiley - huhsmiley - huhsmiley - huh


sleeping around

Post 2

xyroth

ooh how sexist. sometime it is the girl who sleeps around.

and in a long term long distance relationship it can be a bit much to expect the other person not to make a mistake of that nature ever.

of course doing it repeatedly is a different matter, as it show both a lack of trustworthyness and a lack of honesty.


sleeping around

Post 3

microwaveable

sorry if my question seemed sexist. i merely wanted to hear a guy's point of view...whether he could conquer the rule of the flesh for the sake of his relationship. i believe that women are capable of committing the same blunder but at this point, i want to know what the lads have to say about it. thanks for your response.


sleeping around

Post 4

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


A606836

I don't think it is too much to expect, as long as that's what's been clearly agreed.

I think it's possible to have an LDR without sleeping around (well, I've managed it so far....). But I know that some people in LDRs see them as being a medium - long term project which a bit of short term sleeping around doesn't affect. I couldn't have a relationship like that, but I know that some people do.

Some people just don't see sex alone as being unfaithful - that would require emotional involvement. They wouldn't sleep around if it wasn't for the distance, though.

TTFN

Otto


sleeping around

Post 5

microwaveable

Hi!Thanks for your reassuring insight smiley - smiley.
I'm convinced that the distance between two people doesn't give them license to fool around.


sleeping around

Post 6

U190482

LDR do work,
Mine is about to come to an end *big smile*
My girlfriend is back on Friday and I cant wait to see her.
It takes alot of effort,

Lord Smooth


sleeping around

Post 7

microwaveable

Hey, smiley - silly I'm happy for you! I guess by now you're "walking on sunshine, if not floating on smiley - flyhi cloudnine!" I wish I could say the same thing for me, though. My guy won't be here until December. But that's okay. At least I have something to look forward to.


Key: Complain about this post