A Conversation for Long Distance Romantic Relationships: A Survival Guide

A606836 - Long distance relationships

Post 21

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Hey Otto *waves*

IS this entry going anywhere at the moment? I just read the whole thing through again, and apart from the typos there are also a few phrases in the section I wrote that could do with changing to reflect the fact that what I wrote has become just a small part of a larger entry - just stylistic points really...

I can do the changes and post my section here again if you want, then you can look over it and see what you think.

smiley - cheersvp


A606836 - Long distance relationships

Post 22

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi VP,

I went away to think about it and got distracted!

I felt that the entry needs re-pointing to incorporate your stuff, so I've changed the title to "... a survival guide". I think my bits are a bit weak, and I think something needs to be said about internet based relationships, something that I have no knowledge of. In fact, it might just be better to explicitly not say anything about them as a sub-category.

I'll try to do something more on this tomorrow. It's getting quite a bit of interest, so I should make more of an effort with it!

Thanks for reminding me!

Otto


A606836 - Long distance relationships

Post 23

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi again!

I've had a moment of energy, and I've re-worked the entry slightly, though I've not done much to your bit, VP.

I've changed most of the headers to subheaders to try to make the entry look a bit less like it's been welded togther, and added a bit more content to my bit as a result of assorted conversations.

Let me know what changes you want to make, and then perhaps it might be ready for peer review.

Otto


A606836 - Long distance relationships

Post 24

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi VP!

Hope the exams went well! Are you happy with this? I think it might just about be ready for peer review, unless you want to change anything...

Otto


A606836 - Long distance relationships

Post 25

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

Hi Otto!

I've just come across this entry. It's looking good. smiley - smiley

It seems to be geared atm towards 'relationship' in the sense of one with a current 'partner'. But there are lots of long-distance relationships it could deal with - eg parent/child, present or old friends, school chums, your 'ex', etc etc.

And don't dismiss email quite so briefly. One of its advantages is its asynchronicity. Less confrontational in difficult situations. Another is that it can be one-to-many. You could mention email groups (eg yahoogroups). And bulletin boards. This wouldn't have to be a major section, but a para or two on email would be good.

So I think it's worth broadening out in that way, which shouldn't be too much work. Then off to Peer Review with it!

smiley - cheers

Bels


A606836 - Long distance relationships

Post 26

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi Bels!

Thanks for your comments. I'll pass your comment about email onto Vogonpoet, who's doing the internet bit of this entry (my gf can hardly type...).

I'd like to keep this as just about romantic relationships - I think other kinds of relationships are just to disparate to generalise about. Some friends don't expect to keep in touch regularly, but it will be as if no time has passed when they do meet up, while others are rather higher maintenance. And I think there's as many different kinds of parent / child relationship as there are parents and children. I think it's just too big an area, so I'm going to stay clear of it. Do you think the title is clear enough, or ought it to be "Long Distance Romantic Relationships"?

Otto


A606836 - Long distance relationships

Post 27

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

smiley - ok

Yes, I think 'Romantic' should go in.

smiley - smiley

Bels


Key: Complain about this post