A Conversation for GG: The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A602858

Here's my entry about the Great Pyramid again. It got accidentally moved out of Peer Review due to a mix-up about University Projects, but I'm putting it back in again. The original Peer Review thread is attached to the article as a conversation.

One other complication of this entry is that there is already a very inferior similar entry called "The Pyramids" by the original writing team, which I am asking to have renamed "Numerical Properties of the Pyramids".

Any comments anyone, or any passing scout care to pick?


A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Also note that this entry has now been in Peer Review for three weeks.


A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 3

Shrimp, keeper of petty nitpicking [(-1+8)x(-2+9-1-0)=42]

Hmmm your article looks comprehensive enough to me. Seems you got most of the feedback in the original thread already. There's not much more I can think of, so for what I'm concerned: recommend this thing right away! smiley - ok

What's with the University project then? Has it been cancelled?

smiley - cheers Shrimp


A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Titania suggested a Uni Project. Somebody responded by taking my article out of Peer Review while I was away on holidays without asking me. Now Titania has changed her mind about the Uni Project. So I'm back here.


A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 5

Shrimp, keeper of petty nitpicking [(-1+8)x(-2+9-1-0)=42]

Good thing, it has been PR'ed already, so I would expect that it won't stay here very long now anymore.

smiley - cheers Shrimp


A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 6

Orcus

Ummm, what about the other entries then, are they coming back too?

I think I already said this was great BTW smiley - ok


A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 7

Azara

I can't remember if I said so in the previous thread, but I thought this was excellent too.

Azara
smiley - rose


A602858 - The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

I've had to make a very slight change to this article. Further research revealed that the limestone blocks used to completely fill the internal passages when the pyramid was sealed were just a myth. I've rewritten the section "Sealing the Pyramid" accordingly.

It's ready to be picked.


Thread Moved

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Thread Moved

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

Thank you.


Thread Moved

Post 11

Orcus

Wow, that was quick, I only pushed the recommend button a few minutes ago.

You are welcome Gnomone - I'm sure I don't need to explain the subbing process to you.

smiley - cheers

Orcus


Thread Moved

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Watch out, Greebo's about!


Thread Moved

Post 13

Orcus

Thankyou smiley - winkeye


Thread Moved

Post 14

Azara

Congratulations, Gnomon!
Azara
smiley - rose


Subbing Stuff

Post 15

GTBacchus

Hi Gnomon, I'm GTBacchus, and I've just received your entry to Sub! smiley - smiley It looks pretty darn good (nice pick, Orcus smiley - ok) and I don't think it'll take me long to get it sent to the Towers, where it will sit in the Front Page queue until the stars in Orion's Belt align just so...

Anyway, here's the new URL:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A623611

Feel free to drop by and see how it's going. If you have any questions or requests, now is a great time to let me know. Likewise, if I have any questions for you, I'll just post them here.

Actually, I've got one now. Regarding the link to the Seven Wonders entry... Is that thing still in some dropped-out-of-Uni limbo? As you know, we can't link to it if it's not edited, but if it's at least on a Subbie's desk, then I can go ahead and include the link because the A# will be correct at that point. Has the Seven Wonders entry be resubmitted to Peer Review? I couldn't find it. Are any scouts listening and likely to pick that one up within the next couple of weeks?

Anyway, it's no problem really. Unless I hear something to the contrary, I'll take the link out for now, and whenever 7wonders gets recc'd, Jimi or Mikey or whoever can go back and add links.

So... congratulations smiley - cheers Thanks for the entry, and I'm sure I'll see ya 'round!

GTB


Subbing Stuff

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

I don't think anything has been done with the Seven Wonders entry, so take the link out for now. I'll let you know if I find anything different. As you say, it can always go to Update Headquarters to get the link put in later.


Subbing Stuff

Post 17

GTBacchus

Well, there. It's sent in to the Towers. If anything new comes up that needs doing before it gets to the Front Page, just let me know and I'll pass word along right quick, like a bunny. smiley - bunny

'Til then, congratulations! smiley - bubbly

GTBunny


Key: Complain about this post