A Conversation for GG: The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Astronomical connections

Post 1

Whisky

I seem to remember seeing a documentary on TV once which stated that the "air vents" from the queens chamber lined up exactly (at certain times of the year and several thousand years ago) with a star in Orion's belt, also that the pyramids on the gaza plateau are laid out as a map of the sky (the three pyramids being the three stars on Orion's belt). Any chance of any more astronomical details?

Having said that, I think it's an excellent article.
Congrats.


Astronomical connections

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

I could put this info in the crackpot section. There's not much evidence for it. And it is misquoted so often in a form that makes no sense at all. But I think that there is enough in it at the moment.


Astronomical connections

Post 3

Whisky

I think its a pretty good article as it stands, I'm pretty sure the programme I saw was from the BBC - Are we allowed to call our hosts crackpots? smiley - laugh


Astronomical connections

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I've done a quick check and it does seem to be true. But that doesn't stop it being a crackpot theory. And yes, we are allowed call the BBC crackpots!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more