A Conversation for h2g2 University Project: Forgotten Heroines

Idea Thread

Post 1

Sea Change

Because I am used to seeing much hysteria charged at the women of the time, I was surprised to read this and find out that, yes, one of them really was violent!

When she was in the air ducts of Parliament, was she meaning to do something Guy Fawkesish, or did she merely wish to be party to the discussions?


Idea Thread

Post 2

echomikeromeo

Hmm, I'm really not sure. I'll ask the author.


Idea Thread

Post 3

echomikeromeo

Well, the author hasn't posted in 3 weeks, so I don't know if I'll get a response. What do you think?


Idea Thread

Post 4

U168592

The author lives with me, so I'll ask her. We've been having PC problems and the home one is playing funny games. I htink she may have been planning something a little Guy Fawkeish, smiley - winkeye but I'll get the better half to clear that up. smiley - ok


Idea Thread

Post 5

Calliopes_Sleepy Face

Sorry for the delay in reply as MJ says we have computer problems and when you share it's a constant battle to actually get on it in the first place!

Emily joined in with many of the other suffragettes, it was common to find women in the air ducts of the Houses of Parliament at this time. As far as historians have been able to tell it was purely to listen in on parliamentary activity. No one has ever discovered any plots or any other such thing!

I understand that only the editor, echomikeromeo, can reword now. I was thinking of changing:

'She is said to have been found in the House of Commons hiding in air ducts and other such places.'

to

'Like many suffragettes at this time, Emily is said to have been found in the House of Commons hiding in air ducts and other such places. There has never been any plots uncovered and it is believed they were there purely to listen to parliament.'

Hope that clears it up for you and that echomikeromeo is able to make this change.
Thanks for the comments.

Calliopes_teacup
smiley - fishsmiley - hsif


Idea Thread

Post 6

echomikeromeo

Thanks folks, that change has been made.smiley - ok


Thread Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Emily Wilding Davison - Suffragette ' to 'h2g2 University Project: Forgotten Heroines'.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more