A Conversation for h2g2 University Project: Forgotten Heroines

Some info for you

Post 1

JulesK

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that a new school opened recently in Northamptonshire, England, called the Caroline Chisholm school (or similar). It opened 'for business' in September 2004 and is apparently going to be all-age.

Their website is here, if you are interested:

http://www.ccs.northants.sch.uk/



JulesKsmiley - smiley


Some info for you

Post 2

Calliopes_Sleepy Face

Tyhank you very much - I was aware of the school but had not found a suitable site yet. Im relatively new to all this stuff so its nice to get a response!


Some info for you

Post 3

JulesK

That's OK, I was just floating around trying to see what the University is all about and what was going on there, and liked the sound of the heroines piece. Then I recognised the name.

Julessmiley - smiley


Some info for you

Post 4

Calliopes_Sleepy Face

Are you Australia or Northamptonish?smiley - blush Sorry don't know the collective term for people from Northampton!!

I wrote the Emily Davison piece too and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My partner is the project leader for the uni project on forgotten heroines. He's telling me to ask you if you know of one you would like to write about!

I'm enjoying H2G2 so far its a break for being mummy but I don't know many people yet.

Anyway thanks again.

Calliope smiley - fishsmiley - hsif


Some info for you

Post 5

JulesK

I live in Northamptonshire but I wasn't born here, I'm a Yorkshire Pudding really (from here: A2503379).

Is there a list of people he needs writing about or does he mean think up an additional one? I'm a bit busy doing two of the collaborative County pieces at the moment but if there's time, never say never!

It's nice to meet you smiley - ok How many small people are you Mummy to? We haven't got too far along that road as yet but hopefully one day...

If you ever want to chat, pop by my Personal Space, it would be good to 'see' you!

Julessmiley - smiley


Some info for you

Post 6

Calliopes_Sleepy Face

I think he means to come up with another.

Im working on a collaborative peice about Nottinghamshire. I've lived here all my life and am struggling for positive things about it!

I am Mummy to one small person named Sophie. She is more than enough! smiley - laugh

Anyway thanks for being friendly, I will pop around yours for a smiley - tea when I have more time (so after 7.30 bedtime)!


Thread Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Caroline Chisholm - The Emigrants' Friend' to 'h2g2 University Project: Forgotten Heroines'.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more