A Conversation for H2G2 Anonymous

The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 61

deackie

Well, I have my cunning plan.

We ram raid the Tower of London in a JCB, steal all the ravens, and when the constitution collapses, as tradition dictates, then we seize power. I reckon with an h2g2 crowd behind us we could bring in some fantastic changes. Any ideas?


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 62

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Okay you win the prize deackie - not only does your plan sound brilliant - quite flawless smiley - smiley - but you passed the first test: I asked you for promises, and you didnt give me any - bingo.

A true leader / governmental system should never give promises - it either cant or wont keep most of them.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 63

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I will join.
The problem of the current system, as big as it is, isn't as big as the problem of what would be better; unfortunatly it is about as good as were going to get.
The problem is that the last person you want to be PM or pressident is basically anyone who wants to do it.
The reason the turn out is low is that the only people really affected by who gets in is the RC; changes made by government don't change anything important for the average citizen they only tinker about with whats already there.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 64

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

NOw that you think of it, I am not sure why more effort hasnt been made to steal the ravens before - you would think some of the more militant anarchist organisations would have tried a few times... maybe they have tried, succeded, and the state tried to cover it up by purchasing new ravens,which would explain why the whole system has gone to pot these days.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 65

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Yes indeed 2Legs, but we dont need someone doing crossword puzzles either smiley - smiley.


How about randomly picking someone once every year and making them be dictator?


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 66

deackie

I make it a point never to make promises because I can never absolutely guarantee to keep them. All I can say is that I will try my best.

Possibly groups have tried to steal the ravens but only got away with some or most which would explain why the sytem is a mess but not quite fallen. Well, now we have a plan and support, the country will soon feel the liberation of h2g2.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 67

Phreako

He did get about 3% of the popular vote in the presidential election. He had about 6% support in the public oppinion polls before the election but many of his supporters actually ended up voting for Gore because he is slightly less evil then Bush. His campaign was also practically ignored by the media and the Presidential Debate commission made rediculous rules to purposefully keep him out of the debate. The reason they did that was because they let Perot into the debates in 1992 and going into the debates he had about 5% support, and ended up getting about 15% of the vote in the actual election. I'm not sure if that number is correct but I know his percentage went up after the debate. Since the debate commission is made up of Democrats and Republicans, they don't want anybody to challenge them so they make sure to keep third party candidates out of the debates. Anyway, yes, Ralph Nader is still advocating for liberal causes like he always has.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 68

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Hey, if we took over, we could restructure the bbc so that the moderation thing could be returned to the community, and the moderators can go back to just enjoying h2g2 for what it is...

How would community self moderation work for whole country?

True anarchists must believe in general goodness of people I guess....


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 69

deackie

I like the idea of a randomly picked dictator. Perhaps we could incorporate this into the national lottery draw, it could all rest on the bonus ball.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 70

Phreako

Picking somebody at random each year would probably yeild idiots because many people never really think about the issues and therefore don't have many strong beliefs. Also what if somebody got picked and then didn't want the job of dictator?


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 71

Phreako

What if the leader of the KKK was picked? that would be really scary.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 72

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

(Thankyuo Phreako, thats pretty interesting... the whole lack of third party thing is pretty bad actually - Whenever I look at the republicans and democrats, or the conservatives or labour, I cant help but feel that things are a bit stale without a third party that has a strong presence....

Fresh party foundations could be a theoretical way of changing system within the system - take britain at moment: We still technically have a left and a right, but both groups are currently split down the middle over major issues. For example: biggest one has to europe - what britain should have is a definitive pro europe and definitive euro sceptic party.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 73

Phreako

Censorship is bad because people know what type of material they want to view and therefor can control what they view and don't view. The fact that other people view something that I have no interest in viewing doesn't bother me because I can just not view it. Nobody is hurting me by viewing material which I don't wish to view.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 74

deackie

We don't have the KKK here but we do have the Britsh National Party (sounds inoffensive really). I guess that we would have to be in charge overall, coz someones got to draw the balls, so we could deport all BNP members to far parts of the world, or a mountain in Texas.

Please congratulate me, I am truly an addict. I am celebrating my first time on the most postings list. smiley - bubbly


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 75

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

As for random geezer being picked who didnt want the job - the first person we find randomly who doesnt want the job would automaticly qualify for second and maybe third term of office.

The idiots we have for politicians at moment (To be fair, not all are idiots probably) dont look at the issues either - the only issue for them is how to get elected next time round, not whats good for a country.


So, summary: As soon as a democracy becomes place where those who get elected do so by trying to be elected, as opposed to standing in one corner and saying "vote for me because this is what I believe in", then things need to change.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 76

Phreako

In the US the parties seem to differ on the issues of abortion and how much they tax rich people. When it comes to the environment, the democrats show slightly more concern but both parties seem to think environmental protection just means more green space.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 77

Phreako

No don't send the BNP to Texas, then they will just join the KKK. Send them off to Siberia or something. Or send them to Antarctica where they can't ever get back. But then they might kill all the penguins.


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 78

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

hey wow, well done deackie smiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug

have some more smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly, sorry I hadnt noticed smiley - smiley

I am hoping to maybe reach the top of the list sometime later tonight - what a milestone that would be for me smiley - smiley

<< 3-0 to Labour : sunderland north and hamilton south held >>


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 79

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

There will always be people in the world who should be more tolerant than they are to other cultures, but what do you do with them?

Sending them to be by themselves someplace remote (PLanet Krikkit ? )is actually a pretty good idea - another one from DNA at that smiley - smiley


The Green Room - relax and unwind

Post 80

Phreako

That is a wonderful idea. Put them in a cardboard box and sent them off to Planet Krikkit.


Key: Complain about this post