- Project Name: The Philanthropic Legacy of Milton S. Hershey
- Field Researcher: Jimi X
- Department: Sociology
- Faculty: Social Sciences
- Start Date: 17 January 2001
- End Date: 28 April 2001
- Assisting Sub-Editor: John-the-Gardener
This project will examine the philanthropic legacy of Milton S. Hershey. The founder of Hershey's Chocolate Company had no heirs so he gave away his entire fortune for the benefit of the orphans at the private school which he and his wife founded and to the town which bears his name. It's an unusual and amazing story.
Pages currently in progress:
- Milton S. Hershey - done and in the Edited Guide
- The Legacy of Milton S. Hershey - done
- The Hershey Trusts - done
- Milton Hershey School - done
- M.S. Hershey Foundation - done
- Education in Hershey - done
- The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center - done
Further Information Required
- I'm not currently looking for any specific further information.
If you have further information that you think might be useful in this project, please post it in the conversations below, or contact the Field Researcher running this project (see above).