A Conversation for Talking Point: Dating Disasters

Bad start, but nice end

Post 1

Milla, h2g2 Operations

This happened to me only a week ago. I have been single for two years, with no dating at all, so I was a little nervous of course.

Anyway. We agreed to see a movie and then go for dinner. The movie started at 3.40 in the afternoon. About an hour before, he called, to make sure that we were ok with where and when to meet up.

I took the bus to town, and marched pretty quickly towards the theatre, and made it just in time. He wasn't there yet, but there was still a bit of time before the movie started.

I waited. Start time came and passed, and I thought that missing the commercials won't hurt.

Ten minutes after start time, I texted, asking if everything was OK, and got the reply, "more than OK". Which made me wonder... I moved a bit away from the theatre, beginning to feel stupid at waiting for so long, and hung close to a bus stop instead. Called his cell, got answerphone, said that I hoped I had got the time wrong, and I'm at the theatre.

After a few minutes he called, saying he'd be there in half an hour, and would explain on arrival. Fine, I said, I'll wait at a particular café. When I got there, the café was closing so I texted to say where I went instead. I had a coffee. The half hour passed. I had a refill. No show.
After another half hour, I get a phone call again. He had gone to the first café, found it closed, left the phone at home. Checked at another café, gone home to search for the phone and called. So I tell him the name of the café I'm at, and wait again.

At about the time he said he'd come, I walked to where he said he'd park. He calls and said he's at the right café. I'm surprised, I took the shortest route between café and parking. He sais he's walking on this particular street, and I realise he's at the OTHER café with the same name...
Remaining in contact over the phone, we found eachother on one of the squares in town, laughing for a couple of minutes at how hard it can be to go to a movie!

We came a bit early to the restaurant, had a very nice meal, wine, and dessert. Then we walked for an hour or more on the narrow, crooked streets, looking at pretty houses and talking, talking, and yes, kissing.

smiley - towel


Bad start, but nice end

Post 2

kuzushi


That's so sweet smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more