A Conversation for Peregrin's Acceptance Speech

Goo

Post 1

jr52 (ting-a-)

Since you are to take up Vresidence in the Alabaster House, surely you can have a Goo Room. (That other place has a famous blue room, ya know.)

From my position this doen't seem like much to ask.


Goo

Post 2

Peregrin

Excellent idea. What's the purpose of the Blue room? Do you know of any other famous/important rooms in the White House? I'm an ignorant Brit smiley - winkeye


Goo

Post 3

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Ignorant brit also!

But how about the Oval Office? You could pick from the wide variety ofmother gepmetric possibilities available. Personally, I'd favour the Dodechahedron Dictating Domicile, but pick your own....


Goo

Post 4

Zak T Duck

And instead of having the Air Force 1 Presidential jet, you could have Fare Farce 1, the Presidential Bus!


Goo

Post 5

Peregrin

lol!
I was thinking of having Space Force 1, which would link in nicely with the h2g2 Space Station.


Goo

Post 6

Zak T Duck

There's nothing stopping you having both of course.


Goo

Post 7

Peregrin

And I'll enstate my feet as Pavement Force 1.


Goo

Post 8

Peregrin

I've started an Inaugural Ball at http://www.h2g2.com/A444827 by the way... and you're all invited. It's a fancy dress ball so please read the instructions on the page!
Hope to see you there... the Alabaster House isn't finished yet but there's plenty of drinks and nibbles smiley - smiley


Goo

Post 9

jr52 (ting-a-)

In keeping with the general shape of the oval office maybe an ellipsoid or in keeping with h2g2 a mobius.

I really don't know of the official function of the blue room other than the First Ladys (president's significant other) giving t.v. tours and some interviews. The white house is supposed to be the people's house but, all I do is help pay the rent and maintenance. Odradek may be more versed in it's particulars.(her neck of the woods, so to speak)

Maybe you should have moved into #10 Dowdy Street.

Glad you picked the Alabaster House, tho. It really is one d*mn fine big house. Rose gardens, bowling alleys, theatre screens, and if the prez so desires: BBQ pits, horseshoe pits, etc., etc. We spare no exspence when it comes to meeting the whims *oh, er, ah* needs (yeah, that's it, needs) of our duly elected spokespersons (who, as yet, have no official affiliations with late night cable infomercials).

Oh yeah, I think it comes with dinner service for about 150+, too.
(and staff and security and hanger-on-ers and lots of bedrooms and artworks and if you want you can borrow from the museums, not a bad deal)(pay kinda sucks,tho-and sometimes the residents are a target of old fashioned british methods of leader changes)(but, hey, the comedians love them)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more