A Conversation for The Rant Shack

Subsiduary rant

Post 61

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Yes, while Viagra and KY Jelly are temporary fixes, what about the inevitable decline of the body, the loss of the six-pac abs, the sagging of the arms, the love handles taking full flight? Unless you are Joan Collins or Cher, age will catch up to you sooner or later, and then what are you left with? Surgery, a good diet and exercise program, all of those are only temporary.
And physicality aside, I ask again, why on this big round ball would you want to be with someone for whom half of your life is a HISTORY lesson?!


Subsiduary rant

Post 62

Sultandude(Lover of Princess Toy of the 1000 Kisses)-Keeper of Go-Go Bars-aka Kabuki Man

"Your life is what you make it, and every day is the first day of the rest of it. The present thing works for me. Been nuked by the unexpected too many times to take life too seriously any more."smiley - smiley

THINKS-Wonder what all the terrorists are doing today?- smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish


Subsiduary rant

Post 63

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

It's just that whole gap thing, really. Taking life seriously is for people who are afraid. But to say that someone 20+ years younger than oneself is somehow in tune, it just stretches credulity. I mean, I am all for sex, but a relationship? I just don't know. I suggest we agree to disagree on this topic, yes?
As for the terrorists, everyone needs a day off now and again.smiley - winkeye


Subsiduary rant

Post 64

FG

Do you think terrorists have a retirement plan, vacation time, all major holidays off, and health insurance? smiley - tongueout


Subsiduary rant

Post 65

Sultandude(Lover of Princess Toy of the 1000 Kisses)-Keeper of Go-Go Bars-aka Kabuki Man

"I don't know, but if I could get my hands on Bin Laden, Id ask him before I popped him and guarenteed my early retirement plan."smiley - smiley


Subsiduary rant

Post 66

FG

It seems to me that Osama Bin Laden has become a "boogey man" for the Western powers. Our country (i.e. America) likes to inflate random bad guys du jour in order to blame all our woes, our misguided foreign policy decisions, and the President's infected hangnail on someone else rather than ourselves. How much proof is there really that Bin Laden is behind anything?
It's high time we look ourselves in the face and see who's really at fault for the situation in the Mideast.


Subsiduary rant

Post 67

HappyDude

Ok I've been out of this one for a while but let me chip in on the age thing I can not remember the last time I went out with a female who wasn't at least 5 years my junior its not about age its about compatable life styles and as I refuse to grow up I'm left with a life style most of my peers have long left behind.

Any comments ?


Tangent rant

Post 68

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Fraulein, you are right about having the "bad guy du jour"...remember when Arafat was enemy #1? The next thing you know, he's hanging out in the Blue Room, laughing over a good cigar and brandy. So the next thing you know, Bin Laden is going to be hanging out with Dubya (sad as it is, I have no illusions on the 2000 elections, but I must note that for the record, that in the millenial year, I find it sad that our choices are all white and male and straight). As for benefits, I think at some point, particularly when you've been made villian of the month, someone else covers those kinds of expenses.


Tangent rant

Post 69

FG

Man, this rant is going all over the map. Sorry HappyDude, no one feels like validating the regressive lifestyle of sultandude and yourself.

Give it six months and Milosevic and Dubya will be having cigars and brandy in the Lincoln Bedroom. smiley - tongueout


Tangent rant

Post 70

HappyDude

Fair enough, I don't actualy need valadation but just to fill in the gaps I'll add the stuff that I saving to use in replies (just so no one gets the wrong idea about me). In the 17 years or so since I discovered the opposite sex and opposite sex discovered me I have remained painfully shy when it comes to asking women out, as a net result of this in all that time I have only asked three women out - no I've not had a very quiet love life because the thing is women keep asking me out. These women are invarabley younger than me, to be honest I would be more than happy to go out with someone my own age - its just they do not ask me out.


Tangent rant

Post 71

Sultandude(Lover of Princess Toy of the 1000 Kisses)-Keeper of Go-Go Bars-aka Kabuki Man

"YO Happy! Keep on truckin dude! I'm the same, when I'm in th U.K. I prefer to hang out with my sons and their mates then the people my age. The crack is much better. I hate the living in the past thing."
smiley - smiley
THINKS-If Bin Laden isn't a terrorist Ill show my ass in Woolworths window-smiley - fish


Tangent rant

Post 72

FG

I think that the four of us--you, HappyDude, Montana Redhead, and myself--can agree to disagree like ladies and gentlemen. smiley - smiley

I didn't say bin Laden was not involved in violent acts. I just don't believe he is the mastermind behind every criminal act in the known universe, as our President would have Americans believe. No one is that intelligent or crafty.


Tangent rant

Post 73

HappyDude

We agree Usama Bin Laden is a bad man ?
He is a man of tremendous power and influence - but if the US goverment succeed in removing him from the picture he will be replaced by somebody else because the people & goverments that are financing him will still be out there with their money waiting for the next bogi-man to surface.


Tangent rant

Post 74

FG

Thank you, HappyDude. The problem needs to be addressed at the source. Why are these acts being committed? Past abuses by regimes financed and either covertly or overtly run by the CIA/US government. Iran is a fantastic example. If the Shah and his secret police--propped up by the US, of course--had not detained, jailed, and tortured thousands of Iranians for decades the Revolution of 1979 would not have happened.
All this really has nothing to do with hating girls, per se. (We can make an argument for the Ayatollah et al having problems with women's rights...) Shouldn't this be in another part of the Rant Shack?


Tangent rant

Post 75

HappyDude

I tried talking about girls but you said you were not intrested ?


Tangent rant

Post 76

HappyDude

Happy reads last posting and decides he must study grammer at some point.


Tangent rant

Post 77

FG

I just read back through the entries on this forum and saw how far I had wandered off topic...sorry everybody! smiley - smiley

*the Fraulein crawls away dejectedly, looking for a political forum more in keeping with her rant*

*crawls back*

I did notice something, however. HappyDude, why is it you refuse to grow up? (See I can wander back--oh so slowly--to the subject of girls.)


Tangent rant

Post 78

HappyDude

Ok it's not that I refuse to but with one execption I havn't seen the need too.


Tangent rant

Post 79

Sultandude(Lover of Princess Toy of the 1000 Kisses)-Keeper of Go-Go Bars-aka Kabuki Man

"Right on Happy! There are by far enough serious grown up people already. I grew up for a period of time and was mostly unhappy. Now I'm one of the happiest, non materialistic people I know. With a beautifull girlfriend and no car for the past 15 years."

THINKS-colour me happy- smiley - bigeyes


Tangent rant

Post 80

FG

What is it with you two? No one's talking about taking life seriously or living in the moment! I was wondering if Happy was talking about growing on an intellectual or maturation level. If he still watches cartoons, snuggles teddy bears, or drinks himself stupid, that's his bidness...
You guys are getting so defensive about dating younger women...mmmmm...I wonder why???? smiley - tongueout


Key: Complain about this post