A Conversation for The H2IQ Quiz - Be The First Among Equals

Handbags and Rattles

Post 6621

Icy North

Not lock gates, sorry! Moving in the wrong direction, now.

I'm off now, but keep thinking!

smiley - cheers Icy


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6622

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

Hey, things suddenly got busy in here!

Are they modes of transportation?

such as vans or something


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6623

Trin Tragula

Hello Whale smiley - smiley Good to see you.

I've thought as far as level crossings and I'm sure that's not right either smiley - huh


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6624

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

it's quite the tricky one indeed, trin, it certainly seems vehicular in nature, I wonder if they are found on the Motorway, you know like those signs, oh wait no, those signs don't look anything like a hand-bag or a rattle. damn!


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6625

Leo


Not public transport means no buses and trains, I presume, but not public infrastructure?

Same place as bridges... ships, barges... tunnels? What about cable cars? Monorails? Hey, could be those. Cable cars or monorails.

smiley - biggrin Please register a guess above.


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6626

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

moveable bridges, maybe?

Rattle may be to do with swing bridge, while Handbag may be to with lifting bridge.

Something to do with the mechanism?

smiley - musicalnote


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6627

scorp

I'm off to play with the Tyne then - they have the road bridge, the rail bridge, the transporter bridge etc; is that where the swing bridge is too?


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6628

scorp

Hmmmmmmmm!! absolutely zilch there about handbags or rattles smiley - cross


Handbags and Rattles

Post 6629

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

'twas only a thought.

I have smiley - huh clue anymore than anybody.

smiley - musicalnote


We Have a Winner!

Post 6630

Icy North

Enough of this - I'm going to award it to the winner - OLS Whale, for posting 6624. smiley - magic

Yes, they are motorway signs - matrix signs to be precise.

You won't find it on Google - I read it in a local newspaper article, when an engineer was describing the new signs going up along the M4, but this was years ago, and I've seen them all over the UK now.

Here are some picture links...

1. The 'rattle': http://www.aardvark-technical-services.co.uk/images/sce/motorway_sign_home.jpg

2. The 'handbag': http://www.colas.co.uk/image_thumbnailer.aspx?i=upload-images/MS4250.jpg&w=200

So, well done, OLS Whale! and it's over to you... smiley - smiley


We Have a Winner!

Post 6631

scorp

Brilliant! I haven't seen any 'handbags' in my neck of the woods; but the rattle certainly (and it does look like an old wooden football rattle to me).


Enter the Winner...

Post 6632

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

Huzzah!

The joys of a stab in the dark!

hmmmmmmmmmm, what to ask...

...shuffles off to read a book, hoping to find something devastatingly puzzling...


Enter the Winner...

Post 6633

scorp

smiley - ermIt won't have to be devastating to puzzle me!


The 310 Character Question!

Post 6634

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

I'm sure my definition of devastating in puzzle terms is very similar to yours, then. That last one had me completely stumped, it did! I never suspected that my guess would be accurate!

Anyhooooo

Where would you find two numbers, 155 digits in length, each factorable [is this even a word?] by itself and one only.

Yeah, two whopping huge prime numbers, just to clarify.

I need more books.


The 310 Character Question!

Post 6635

Icy North

Ooh, I think I may be able to answer that one, but I should let someone else have a go...


The 310 Character Question!

Post 6636

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

Damn, that's pretty quick, although then again this is the internet.

Just noticed the other quiz thread, that hasn't had a new question since september '04. Master B to the ockey, as it were.


The 310 Character Question!

Post 6637

scorp

Does it have anything to do with radio frequencies?


The 310 Character Question!

Post 6638

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

nope, well, maybe, but not the answer I'm looking for, I am, unfortunately, no expert on common uses for prime numbers!


The 310 Character Question!

Post 6639

O.L.S Whale [1-8+7+(3x7x2)=42] Quite disturbing in appearance, but harmless enough, I assure you!

Go on, Icy! What's your answer? I hate it when quiz threads die!
I reckon this one's had long enough


The 310 Character Question!

Post 6640

Demon Drawer

Are they on Voyager to show we have intelligent life to whoever picks up our space debris?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more