A Conversation for Talking Point: Dogs or Cats?

dogs vs cats

Post 1

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

This is a difficult one for me as I absolutely adore my dog. But there are dogs out there which I wouldn't trust at all. Cats can also be adorable as they snuggle up and sleep on you but I dont like being used as a scratching post!


dogs vs cats-my view

Post 2

LeoDreaming

Hello!
Just a few thoughts on the subject of "cats vs dogs";
I've had both, and they both have their merits.
My last feline companions were twin males, 'Tom & Jerry'.
They were quite different in nature.
Tom was the quiet, reticient one; he prefered to play on my bed in the morning, but by mid-day, he would seek out a dark corner and stay there for hours, while his more agressive brother (Jerry) got into all kinds of mischief.
It was Jerry who fell out of a second floor window, after pushing the screen out with his paws.
It took two surgeries, a great deal of money, and 6 months before he recovered completely. During that time, I worked in special education, and almost lost my job, because the school principal (who was NOT an animal lover) didn't understand why I had to be at Jerry's side during his surgeries.
Tom & Jerry's morning routine consisted of jumping on my bed, and waiting patiently, until I finally got up, then 10 minutes of rough playing, with me being the 'victim'.
They always made my day brighter, but I never liked the fact that I couldn't take them for a walk with me.
Both hated the street and the loud noises.
When they died, I swore I would never have another pet.
Then, a year later, after a hospital stay, my youngest daughter purchased a tiny Shih Poo as a get well present.
He was so small, he fit into my pocket.
I had him for two years, and in that time, he became my faithful companion, vigilant defender, and a great accompanist when I sang in the shower!
I often spoke to him about life as I was living it, and I swear he understood. He always made direct eye contact with me, unless he was guilty of some minor infraction of the (few) rules I tried to maintain.
I lost him 6 months ago, and continue to miss him.
He made me realize that I am definitely unfilled as a human being, without a pet.
I believe the true difference between cats & dogs, is that while many cats can be finicky and self sufficient at times (prefering not to be held whenever You feel the need), dogs are much more emotionally attached to their owners/parents.
Dogs love you unconditionally; they don't care whether you've gained weight, or lost your job, or are not popular socially. It's not important that you have not had a date in years, or that you don't live in the best area, or that others may consider you 'unattractive' or 'boring', or too 'talkative'.
For them, YOU are the most important person in their lives, and even when you are in a terrible mood, they continue to love you.
I'd say that was one of the best gifts I have ever been blessed with.
Hugs, L.D.


dogs vs cats-my view

Post 3

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

my dog just ran off with a baguette!


dogs vs cats-my view

Post 4

LeoDreaming

my dog just ran off with a baguette (from opticalilusion)

So sorry! smiley - sadface
But smiley - dontpanic!
Perhaps he'll return after he's had his 'fill' smiley - winkeye
smiley - cheerup!
L.D.
"Life: It's all about the journey and the friends one meets along the way"........Barbara Close smiley - footprints


dogs vs cats-my view

Post 5

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Apologies did read your enchanting post earlier just wasn't sure how to respond.


dogs vs cats-my view

Post 6

LeoDreaming

Posted 23 Hours Ago by Opticalillusion - Listen to the musica, Let it resonata through a ya- slow and steady wins the race
Apologies did read your enchanting post earlier just wasn't sure how to respond.

No problem!
Thanks for your response! smiley - biggrin


dogs vs cats-my view

Post 7

Miz307

smiley - hug for LeoDreaming

I have always been a dog person myself, although i love all animals, dogs are my favourites and agree with LD, they do love you uncondionally. A women i used to know said that she had always been a dog person untill she had a cat given to her, she says cats are definetly the more inteligent of the species.


Key: Complain about this post