A Conversation for Celery-Webjello Party!

Lobby

Post 1

Styx the Rat

*wanders out to the front door area for fresh air*
Hey doorman! You look familiar.

*The doorman cuts his eyes at Styx but doesn't say anything*
*Styx notices a TV van parked across the street with antennas poking out the top*

Doorman, how long is that van over there?
Doorman: *waggles hand* for, maybe five hour.
*Styx sidles close to doorman and drops a folded-up bill in his trouser cuff* Keep an eye on it, eh?
*doorman nods*

*Styx retreats inside foyer, still looking at van, and touches throat*
Odra! Did the redbeard order in press coverage?


Lobby

Post 2

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*slight buzz, and Odra responds in whisper*
None that l know except for Shazz at the post...l'll ask him...*


Lobby

Post 3

Styx the Rat

*watching Noriega casually reach down to brush off his shoes and palm the bill* fellow's a pro.
*paw to collar*
Nada happening around the van. should be somebody at least dragging wires around, shouldn't there?

You think maybe we are being bugged?


Lobby

Post 4

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*over radio*
Not if they set up earlier. l'll keep an eye out for bugs. You watch the van.


Lobby

Post 5

Styx the Rat

*lurks in lobby, behind sofa and thinks, then presses collar*
feedback.
Would a bug screech if it got near an open mike like while we are talking?
still nothing out there.


Lobby

Post 6

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*over radio, weary sigh*
No that would -not- work. No bug has an open mike -- it would give the game away to hear the spies on the other end talking!

But hit the third spike over from the talk button on your collar. That sets my reciever to scan. lf l pick up any other channels, l'll know it's a bug.

*to self, grumbling*
Bloody Luddite...


Lobby

Post 7

Styx the Rat

*bares one eyetooth slightly*
*presses button as asked to*


Lobby

Post 8

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*suddenly a loud squalk of feedback echoes out over the radio*


Lobby

Post 9

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Good to see the security system is perfoming spectacularly well


Lobby

Post 10

Styx the Rat

*returning to party*
*Noriega squats down and has a brief quiet conversation with Styx. Then Styx continues back into party*


Lobby

Post 11

Little Bo Peep - I've lost my sheep

Patrols the street, antenna waving, alert for any disturbances...


Lobby

Post 12

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I'll sit here next to the complimentary tray of champagne and wait.


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 13

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


1. What if researchers think the Celery is real?

It says on his campaign page that he is an h2g2 creation.

2. What if he gets hijacked like Minoova?

Believe me, we discussed that. Then, as the matter played out, we realised that it would be resolved by consensus.

For those not familiar with the problem, Garius Lupus and I created a french maidbot called Minoova. Another researcher registered the name as a second identity without consulting us, then proceeded to "be" Minoova at the Atelier.

We dealt with the Minoova problem the way we had decided to deal with all such problems in respect of threadiquette and continuity; with discussion and persuasion. And it worked. I went to the Minoova/Evil Minoova home page and explained exactly what the researcher had, perhaps unwittingly brought about. As soon as the researcher read my post he turned over the keys, so to speak.

Maybe we were lucky. Suppose the researcher had been truly malicious, as you suggest might happen to the Celery. Well, in that event we would call attention to the problem. And if we failed to stop the malice through persuasion, we would turn to the Community Editor for help.

I now own several researcher ID's -- Minoova, Mindspring and Ferrari. None of them will be participating in polls or elections! smiley - smiley


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 14

Styx the Rat

*comes into lobby and sits near Ant Lady*
You wore the emerald. You feel any magic? I was told it had some magic in it.
*pulls whiskers thoughtfully*


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 15

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Styx, you might be a little careful about making people angry, you know. You might get more than some sulfur ice cream.

Which reminds me, what food am I putting out for you?


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 16

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Point 2. Why not register The Celery and be done with it?

Point 1. Two of our campaign staff were surprised to find out TODAY that The Celery was not a fellow researcher. And we're not talking newbies here -- both researchers are 5-digiters. Therefore I will continue to take every opportunity to publicise that fact that The Celery and Ms. Webjello are creations rather than researchers because the statement on the campaign page is not enough.

All other points are academic. After all, anyone can register as The Celery but any imposter can quickly be stopped.

It just seems a shame that the electorate might perhaps have no hope of a face-to-face meeting with their president.

But then, it doesn't matter really since The Celery will not win.


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 17

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Styx, have you seen the photograph of the necklace (via my page)?

I think it is magic but I haven't manage to ascertain the full extent of its powers yet.


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 18

Styx the Rat

*regarding Lil* Same as before good. I'm not talking to you.

*adjusts elf backpack* I'll go look for picture.
*goes out front and has a word with doorman then scurries around corner of hotel*


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 19

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hmph. Perhaps it's time to drop something on his head again. But then, his "owner buddy" gets back from Australia next week, and Quorthon will sort him out.

*sighs and finishes champagne* Time to find some food IRL. Talk to you later. smiley - smiley


Discussion in the Lobby

Post 20

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Bye, Lil. I'm off to a barbeque.

*takes of all her clothes and ties them in a bundle*

What's the matter? Never seen a naked ant before?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more