A Conversation for Escape From Poco Island...

Programme Interruption...

Post 421

Will Jenkins (Dead)

*Thanks Tweetie for stopping the punning*
Go for the PJs!!!

I'm always ready to help a saint with an itchsmiley - winkeye


Programme Interruption...

Post 422

Archangel Tweetie (01/06/02...)

*grins*
*snaps her fingers, and sheds the robe*
*Tweet's now wearing a pair of tartan PJ bottoms and a aqua blue camisole...*
Now, what's everyone else going to wear?


Programme Interruption...

Post 423

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

The latest offering from Ann Summers.....smiley - tongueout


Programme Interruption...

Post 424

Archangel Tweetie (01/06/02...)

I can't look at that place anymore without collapsing into hysterics...


Programme Interruption...

Post 425

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

But the clothes are nice....if you can call them clothes...smiley - tongueout


Programme Interruption...

Post 426

Archangel Tweetie (01/06/02...)

*grins*


Programme Interruption...

Post 427

Will Jenkins (Dead)

I fear I'm going to end up clothes-less unless someone can lend me a pair.


Programme Interruption...

Post 428

soeasilyamused, or sea

*looks wide-eyed at the last few posts*
er, did i come in at the wrong time???


Programme Interruption...

Post 429

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

LOL! I agree that, since I won't go to the eff*rt of reading through the backlog, this forum is getting interesting. smiley - smiley


Programme Interruption...

Post 430

Will Jenkins (Dead)

*grins*
Perhaps I should explain, then again, maybe not...
This is the trial for M.K*, it's also a PJ party. This is because to prevent anyone trying to escape without questioning we're having a lock-in.


Programme Interruption...

Post 431

Archangel Tweetie (01/06/02...)

*grins again*
So, anyone gonna lend him some PJs?
*sits back and watches the entire lack of reaction...*
smiley - winkeye


Programme Interruption...

Post 432

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Welcome, BED.
Pyjamas compulsory here, I'm afraid....or at least, your bed attire smiley - smiley
*starts to remove his Archangel gown....smiley - winkeye


Programme Interruption...

Post 433

Will Jenkins (Dead)

*Returns, dazed and confused, from a recent shopping trip*
Will these do?
*Holds up a pair of swimming trunks and a sleeveless vest*


Programme Interruption...

Post 434

Eatsmice.

*arrives wondering why anyone would deign to wear anything in bed*

They only get in the way......

I might have a pair of shorts somewhere....if its really necessary....


Programme Interruption...

Post 435

soeasilyamused, or sea

*decided to join in the fun and puts on her victoria's secret PJ's*


Programme Interruption...

Post 436

Kes

*Kes returns from the loo, red-eyed. He has taken the opportunity to change into something more in keeping with current fashion (rather than the M&S flannelette). The two-piece silk PJs go well with the gown and wig .... but he really should have taken his sock off*

Right M'lud. Sorry about that outburst. I'm ready to continue. Hey - love the outfit ... yours too sea!


An expert witness!

Post 437

Kes

*Kes looks round. GB indicates to K to go ahead. The cat winks. Kes addresses the judge, trying to ignore the apparel*

Your Honour, I call Dr. Hubris as an expert witness for the defence. His qualifications were tabled at opening, and have been accepted by the prosecution.

Spollchicker: "Dr Hubris. Hubris to the witness box."

*An elderly, grey-haired man, with half-moon glasses, takes the stand and the oath.*


An expert witness!

Post 438

Kes

Good ... and Evil ... and the way these things are manifested. You are an expert in these matters, Dr Hubris?

Hubris:"Yes - as the papers show, I have some three thousand years' experience."

Yes. So, Dr Hubris, please tell the court - in your expert opinion - were the defendant's actions in any sense evil?

Hubris:"Oh yes ... beyond a doubt ... evil. His actions meet all the criteria: malicious intent, causing harm to others, allowing harm to befall others, causing emotional distress .... definitely evil.

*GB interrupts*
GB:"Your Honour, I fail to see where this is leading. Defence seems to be confirming the prosecution case".


An expert witness!

Post 439

Kes

Bear with me, M'lud. All will become apparent.
So - we are agreed on the evil nature of those actions.
Now, Doctor, I ask you to read the marked section from this manuscript:
That's defence exhibit A, your honour, as previously submitted - the Tao Te Ching, stanza 2. Go ahead, Doctor.

Hubris:"Er, it's the Jane English translation. Mm. Ahem!

Under heaven all can see beauty as beauty only because there is ugliness.
All can know good as good only because there is evil.

Therefore having and not having arise together.
Difficult and easy complement each other.
Front and back follow one another.

Therefore it lasts forever."


An expert witness!

Post 440

Kes

Thank you. Most moving. The Court will note the inextricable linkage between evil and good established in this reading. Doctor - is this link evidenced elsewhere?

Hubris:"Oh yes, in all major religions and philosophies. Christianity, for example, where the goodness of God and his Angels can only be measured against the evil of ...er.. the Lord of Darkness and his demons.

*Hubris shifts nervously in his seat.*

It's alright - you can mention his name here - Satan.
*Kes looks over his shoulder at the gallery, scanning the faces for someone familiar...*

This is the point which I wish the jury and the Court to understand clearly:
Like the scales of Justice, good can only be measured when it is weighed against evil.
Evil is necessary - as the way to calibrate all human behaviour.
If - and I repeat - If - the prosecution succeed in establishing the defendant's conscious knowledge of what his action would achieve - conscious knowledge of pain, death and suffering - even then, there is no point in condemning him.
He has merely set the scene against which goodness must seek to prevail.

Thank you, Doctor Hubris. No further questions.


Key: Complain about this post