A Conversation for 24-Seven - The H2G2 Space Centre Convenience Store

Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 121

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

OOOO!! AFFY has secret admirers!?? That doesn't surprise me!!!

smiley - hug You are most admirable, and my favorite person to debate theology with!!! smiley - winkeye

Now, Witty!!! YAY!!! I will go and check out how you inspired others!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! smiley - magicsmiley - hugsmiley - hug and.... smiley - hug!!!!

::gets a randomly-flavored slerpee before going to see the good work of Witty Moniker::

MMMMmmm... boysenberry!!!


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 122

HappyDude

:: wonders whats happened ::


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 123

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

::A randomly-flavored Slerpee magically appears next to Happy, who notices it, and takes a sip, delighted to discover it is celery flavored!!!::


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 124

HappyDude

Yipee... smiley - biggrin


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 125

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

::returns from seeing WM's good work::

WOW!!! smiley - winkeye

I am impressed!!!


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 126

HappyDude

:: slurp ::


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 127

Afgncaap5

Now Witty, I don't think Tonks admires me. I just think he tolerates me a bit more than anything that could be described as an authority figure.

But I believe that I have just finished my musing duties in the realm of mad science by finishing off the script for a mini-movie that I'm making. It's called "Science Fiction That Never Made It." It's got a few fun little scenes, such as "Dr. Whom", "Supervillains Anonymous", and "Why UFOs Need Strings." All in all, I think any die hard sci-fi fan would love it. I just hope that I can get a few die hard sci-fi fans to be on the judging committe during my schools "Mini-Oscars" is held...


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 128

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

OOOOoooooo... coolness!!! smiley - winkeye


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 129

Witty Moniker

Affy, sounds like fun. Are you going to cast classmates in the film? It'll probably be easier to find boys than girls. I'm not being sexist, I have a 14 yr old daughter who has no love for sci-fi and would find that ultimately geeky (unless the director was her boyfriend). She loves Monty Python, though, so she's not hopeless.

HappyDude, celery lover? Interesting, loving a negative calorie food. I prefer chocolate.

Dragonfly, thank you. smiley - biggrin


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 130

Afgncaap5

Yes, I'm going to get kids to be in the cast. While I probably don't *need* any girls for the script, I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to find some. If nothing else, I can convince some friends of mine to be extras in the "Supervillains Anonymous" scene. I'm just hoping I can get some really strict teachers or one of the assistant principals to be in the scene. Nothing against my administrators, but I think it would get a few laughs.

As for "geeky", that's the mood that I'm hoping to project with this film. I even mention the very film that I'm making as "Science Fiction That Never Made It" within the film. It's set up as a kind of documentary (with your host, Klaatu Barata (ten points to the first person who recognizes this somewhat common sci-fi reference)) that details the stories behind various sci-fi style people/things that never made it big at the theatres. I've already got someone pegged for the role of "Dr. Whom." He's very good at making realistic sounding accents from around the world (his usual speech is, as best as I can describe it, a nobleman's drawl). I don't actually plan on winning anything, of course, I just plan on having fun.

Although, I wouldn't mind it if I could make this turn into a TV series. I'm sure I could find some poor UHF station that has nothing better to do than air a cheaply produced comedy/drama series...


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 131

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

WOW>... COOL!!!!

GO FOR IT!!!

::cheers for Affy::


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 132

HappyDude

....whats happening ?


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 133

Witty Moniker

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), one of my personal favorites, Affy.


I tried to post that 8 hours ago, but I got caught in a huge Alabaster Quake. smiley - yuk That's what's happening.


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 134

Afgncaap5

Very good, Witty! Not everyone has even *heard* of "The Day The Earth Stood Still." Amazingly, though, I think that it's the most frequently quoted when an obscure sci-fi reference is needed. For instance, the aliens from the movie "Galaxy Quest" came from the Klaatu Nebula.


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 135

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

eRRRRRR....

::Sips her slerpee next to Happy::


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 136

Witty Moniker

Back in the '60's and early '70's (you know, the olden days), on New York's channel 7, there was a program on from Monday through Friday called The 4:30 Movie. Each day there was a different movie and each week had a different theme, my favorite was sci-fi week. They also had Godzilla week, gladiator movie week, and Beach Party week.

Here's one for you, Affy. Which sci-fi movie starred Robbie the Robot?


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 137

Afgncaap5

While I've never seen the movie myself, I believe it comes from a movie called "Forbidden Planet", or something.

Whether or not that's correct, here's an easy one for you: what is the name of the sci-fi movie that has been given the title "The Worst Movie Of All Time." Just in case that isn't enough of a clue (although if you're half the sci-fi junkie I am it should be more than enough), it's also a movie so bad that not even Mystery Science Theatre 3000 would show it.


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 138

Witty Moniker

Forbidden Planet is correct. smiley - smiley

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? I've never seen it, though I have heard it called the worst movie of all time. And MST3k has shown some really horrible movies.

I've seen your friend MSTie floating around the fora. I like the idea, it should be fun having some running commentary.


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 139

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

::sip sip sip::


Post Diaspora Spring Cleaning

Post 140

Afgncaap5

Ooh, sorry WM! The movie I was refering to was "Plan 9 From Outer Space!" You saw the strings on the flying saucers! During the exact same scene, a police car changed models, and designs! People walked into gravestones that wobbled! Because an actor died during the production, they had to keep using the exact same scene over and over! The UFOs are obviously cheaply done hubcaps and paper plates! Vampira (yes, she makes some appearances in the movie) only has *ONE FACIAL EXPRESSION*! Some scenes simultaneously take place during the day and the night! The lines used by the characters could be thought up by a monkey at a type-writer!

A movie so bad that people had been riffing it long before MST3K came around, so the producers thought that it just wasn't worth giving an entire episode to it.

Just as a note, I enjoy Attack Of "The Killer Tomatoes!", mainly because it is so good at spoofing the classic B-Rated movies (and, I've even heard a rumor that the producers decided to give themselves a low budget, just to make sure that they could get that entire "cheap movie" feel.

As for MSTie, I hope that he can pull it off. I've started realizing that it'll probably be a tad difficult riffing an adventure that's meant to be humorous anyway.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more