A Conversation for The Other Side of the Stargate

MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 1

bubba-fretts


Situated aroung nine to ten km from the gate the other side of the hill and woodland. A man made circular clearence perhaps two hundred meters in diametre. On the western extreme of the clearence sits a Teltak, futher in a small camp has been built. The entire eastern half of the clearence has been dug up in a series of mined seams. As many as a hundred slaves toil in these seams day and night. Atum flying in replacements as the toil overcomes the weaker ones.

A second Teltak descends from the sky and lands beside the first.


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 2

Lash LeRue

<smiley - book>


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 3

bubba-fretts

*the occupants of the second teltak vacate, Carcalla and Yacef are greeted by the jaffa comanding officer*

Carcalla: Lord Atum has sent me to personaly oversea the mine and it's progress. What news do I need to be informed of?

Jaffa: I have just been told that one of the scouting groups has found and engaged a Tauri raiding party. Unfotunatly we still have not furilled our quota of the mineral Atum requested. If I may be so bold what does our god require of this ore?

Carcalla: That is not of importance to you! Reinforce the scouts and have the Tauri elliminated. And have the slaves gaurds kill a small number of them every hour, the weakest ones, to help motivate the others.


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 4

bubba-fretts

*the jaffa runs off, once he has gone, Carcalla turns to Yacef*

C: What does our god want with this wretched planet and this ore?

Y: The ore is important. It can be turned into a metal that can withstand and direct massive amounts of energy through it. Only with this will the new weapon in our Lords mothership work. The results with the other traditional conductors we've tried have been, disasterous to say the least.

C: So it is not only my life at stake with this venture then?

*Carcalla smiles*

Y: No.

*Yacef doesn't smille, but a bead of sweat runs down his forehead*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 5

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 6

bubba-fretts


*Carcalla leaves Yacef staring intently at the mining operation and walks purposly across to a group of jaffa*

C: Jaffa. Take your staffs and follow me.

~~No one will decide my fate but me~~

*the jaffa, lead by Carcalla, leave the camp*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 7

bubba-fretts


*as Carcalla and his group of twenty jaffa begin to enter the trees beside the camp they hear a zat blast followed by screams behind them*

~~that should help motivate those pitifull lazy wretches~~

C: Spread out into groups of four. Remain in sight. Sweep forward and flush out any heretic Tauri. Remember your god will see everything, so fight well and be rewarded. Fail and I shall kill you myself.


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 8

Commander Thanaris Thamian Meridian

*comes to a small bush near the camp and takes out a pair of binoculars, and begins surveying the camp, looking for a storage facility or some such*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 9

bubba-fretts

<smiley - ok>


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 10

Commander Thanaris Thamian Meridian

~~those things over there must be those cargo ships the goa'uld have. The mineral is probably in one of them. That could complicate matters, unless...hmmm~~


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 11

Commander Thanaris Thamian Meridian

*recieves LeRue's transmission, then returns his binoculars to his pocket, then sneak rushes back to where his rifle and spare ammo was hidden in a bush*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 12

bubba-fretts


*Yacef orders all but a handfull of the camps remaining jaffa to reinforce Carcalla. These troops grab their staffs and leave with haste*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 13

bubba-fretts

*Carcalla and the jaffa return to the mine to be greeted by Yacef*

Y. My friend we have the ore and are ready to leave.

C. This is good news. Assemble all the jaffa and deconstruct the camp. I shall have the other jaffa use the gate to return.

Y. And what of the slaves?

C. I couldn't care less, I can have them killed if it pleases.

Y. No leave then. Between the indigeonus animal species and this planets intemperate conditions I don't feel they be alive long anyway. Besides it's bad for the jaffa moral, slaughtering too many slaves.


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 14

Commander Thanaris Thamian Meridian

*runs to his previous vantage point*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 15

bubba-fretts



*the jaffa load everything onto the transports, the slaves look on expectantly. This however turns to confusion, then panic as the engines begin to fire up and the teltak starts to rise. Soon the slaves begin to run and clamour over one another as the they fruitlessly try and get to the ships. Only a slight wail and a palpable aura of dread is left as the jaffa craft enter the planets orbit and slaves realise their fate*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 16

Commander Thanaris Thamian Meridian

*breaks his cover and startslooking around for some of the mineral*


*finds a small piece and then legs it for the stargate*


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 17

Scandrea

*Scandrea and LeRue walk out into the deserted main camp.*

Looks like this was home base. See any stragglers?


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 18

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)



*Scandrea's radio crackles*

\/\Major Scandrea this is Colonel Caldwell how long are you going to be, we're picking something up on the scanners, it's too far out to get a lock but I'm betting it's the Goa'uld that your prisoners belong to\/\


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 19

ultrapete

*emerges from mine*

Right guys make sure you have all you personel effects as nothing is gonna be coming in or out of here.

*pulls out remote detonator switch*

FIRE IN THE HOLE.

smart kids would duck and cover.

*presses the switch and a series of expolaions start. getting louder and louder. the last one goes and the mine entrance spills out a cloud of smoke and dust. when settled the mine is quite definetly sealed.*

*pete shakes off dust*

Cool!


MA2-491 Jaffa Camp and Mine

Post 20

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)


Key: Complain about this post