A Conversation for Love

Love Is... (2)

Post 101

Opinionated Lurker

true smiley - smiley


Love Is... (2)

Post 102

Johnny the Red

love is ... sharing someone's life, not living it for them.


Love Is... (2)

Post 103

Zed

... providing ear-defenders for the people downstairs so they don't have to listen to you shagging all afternoon...

*stomps off to find own ear-defenders and puts them on*

-Span, I kept getting phantom posts listed last night, also. I'm not sure the TDV server can cope much longer smiley - sadface

H&K
Z


Love Is... (2)

Post 104

Johnny the Red

... why, is it in love?


Love Is... (2)

Post 105

hardlabour

I find breaking their legs a reasonably good method of of making someone's love for you die.
Just a thought.


Love Is... (2)

Post 106

dasilva

Aaaw, poor thing...hope it recovers soon smiley - winkeye


Love Is... (2)

Post 107

Spanner

phew, it's not just me - thought i was going crazy for a while there.
smiley - smiley
ta
span


Love Is... (2)

Post 108

Johnny the Red

what? You're in love with the TDV server too?


Love Is... (2)

Post 109

Spanner

now you're just being facetious, mr red. and in the love forum too, shame on you.

span


Love Is... (2)

Post 110

Johnny the Red

ah, but if we cannot laugh about love, what use is it? smiley - smiley Love should never be a serious business ... love is right up there with the main causes of giggling (along with making fun of the principal at assembly when you were five, and illcit substances)

i just remembered this quote i heard ages ago, which was about friendship, but could be modified I'm sure. and as has been pointed out before, friendship is just another kind of love anyway.
"If it came down to a choice between betraying my friends or betraying my country, I hope to hell I'd have the courage to betray my country."

something like that.


Love Is... (2)

Post 111

Zed

I like that quote, it's definately the right thing.

H&K
Z


Love Is... (2)

Post 112

Opinionated Lurker

I dont, my friends would understand


Love Is... (2)

Post 113

$u$

...the opposite of hate. Most of the time! smiley - winkeye

'sus


Love Is... (2)

Post 114

Spanner

...people who know that when you say you want to be left alone you actually just need a big hug. and the difference between that and when you say that you want to be left alone and you really do.


Love Is... (2)

Post 115

Johnny the Red

the chief cause of men being called stupid is situations like that. Whatever happened to no meaning no?


Love Is... (2)

Post 116

Necro (Patron Daemon of Patron Saints)

Oh, come on. Everybody knows that 'no' means 'yes' (And that glasses come free on the NHS, but the more I look to learn the more I see, I'm becoming more like Alfie.). Has anyone out there realised what the heck I'm on about? Not heard of The Divine Comedy? The single, most wonderful band in the world since My Life Story degenerated into songs like 'Strumpet' and the writers of 'The Greatest Show on Earth' split up and disappeared into obscurity.

It's 'Alfie' as in the myopic secret agent, as played by Michael Caine, the character who immortalised the words 'Blimey girl, you're not as ugly as I thought.'

Love is...hint: listen to My Life Story's 'Twelve Reasons Why (I Love Her)'. There is a lot of stuff in there.

atb,

necro.


Love Is... (2)

Post 117

Spanner

okay boys - a kiss is not a contract and no generally does mean no, especially about important things. it all goes back to respect - if you know and love a person enough you'll know what they meant. see girls do lose a lot of airpoints i think because we do sometimes say no when we meant yes, but it's generally not about important things, and if you take no's that are yes's as no's then it won't really matter at the end of the day, because we'll tell you eventually that that was a yes anyway.

look just take no's as no's for safety's sake ok? what's wrong with getting called stupid once in a while anyway? it's a good chance to practice your witty comebacks. smiley - winkeye

span


Love Is... (2)

Post 118

Avatar

Witty come backs, yeah...whatever


Love Is... (2)

Post 119

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

It's that confusing, you would be lucky if I came back at all !!


Love Is... (2)

Post 120

Spanner

luck has nothing to do with it (sorry obscure kiwi joke)

basically i have had to train too many little hostel kids in anti date-rape, anti-harassment stuff and whenever anyone mentions a trigger phrase i go off on a rant.

sorry about thatsmiley - smiley

span
who's great idea was it to change the emoticons for halloween, because it makes a lovely change


Key: Complain about this post