A Conversation for Love

Love Is... (2)

Post 41

Johnny the Red

Jazzman was being unusually cruel (although I checked with her today, and she claimed that I had just mis-read what she said). As to what was unusually cruel ... ah, well, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

you want a specific performance on your chocolate fish? Well ...
a) it better be a big chocolate fish, otherwise I won't fit on it, let alone all my props.
b) you'll have to be more specific about what sort of performance you want - mime, clown, drama, comedy, farce, etc ...
c) who said I was going to give you a chocolate fish anyway? In fact, I never said I'd give Jazzman a chocolate fish either, I just said she wasn't getting one.

You are unusually cruel, but that's only when armed with a plastic flower.


Love Is... (2)

Post 42

Johnny the Red

I was accusing Jazzman of projecting - since she said that I was talking about the trauma of falling in love in my first posting, rather than the feeling of love itself (whiich I still maintain i was actually talking about) - as explained in my post above. Since you referred me to the unrequited love thread you possibly have the same problem.

I don't actually think that Jazzman is suffering from unrequited love, but I thought it might get a rise out of her. Alas, she missed it completely. Rats.

... Stop being obscure?!!!! You started it!!!

Since I ain't gunna give you a chocolate fish, you're just going to have to accept me damaging you. Sorry.


Love Is... (2)

Post 43

Necro (Patron Daemon of Patron Saints)

you suffer from the 'click the button twice' syndrome too, eh?


Love Is... (2)

Post 44

Zed

Because I'm bored if going to toss a handgrenade of a question into this crowded forum.

Do you all think that, refering to the kind of Love we are discussing, it is possible to love more than one person at a time? Or is true love only possible with undivided attention?

There are a couple of things I want to add to the question.
Firstly, I don't want to reopen peoples old (or not so old) hurts. Most of us have experinced one or both sides of this, and it leads to interesting times. I'm just curious about people thoughts and opinions.
The next thing was, I don't feel it to be a gender dividing question. To begin with I thought it might be, with men saying yes,of course and the ladies going no,no love only me. But even in my own experinces, I've seen both sexes give both answers.

*booom*

H&K
Z


Love Is... (2)

Post 45

dasilva

Endless possibilities there Zed,

I think it has to do with each individuals own personal viewpoint, and their circumstances, truth be told...

My _own_ personal stand is that one at a time is more than enough smiley - winkeye No, more seriously - when I do _really_ fall in love with someone, that never ends, even if/when the relationship itself ceases... however it is always possible to love again even if at first that seems a ghastly prospect, but one at a time is more than I can handle *grin*


Love Is... (2)

Post 46

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

To consentrate one's attention or more than one person and call it love must be very draining.

I think you can only love one person, but lust after many...


Love Is... (2)

Post 47

dasilva

Oh, yeah Sid?

Care to expand on that *ahem*? smiley - winkeye


Love Is... (2)

Post 48

Epic

...procreation! smiley - winkeye

*no, please, not the wet...* smiley - fish


Love Is... (2)

Post 49

dasilva

Hmmmn...not many 'rose' to that one *groan*

Back to the issue in hand *ahem*...

Love is...a country boy moving to a loathsome hole of a city with an unreasonable ultimatum...(happened to one of my best friends...and he's deleriously happy, good for him!)


Love Is... (2)

Post 50

Epic

...not giving unreasonable ultimatums.


Love Is... (2)

Post 51

dasilva

When you're in love, you don't notice if they're being unreasonable...


Love Is... (2)

Post 52

$u$

Not so. But if you're desperate (Right word?) enough, you go along with it!

'sus


Love Is... (2)

Post 53

dasilva

Okie, I can see that...

Love is...knowing she's _not_ going to try _that_ trick with the Mar...erm...yeast extract spread smiley - winkeye


Love Is... (2)

Post 54

$u$

*Euch* *Ahem* Love is...

...like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing.

*I'm gone!* Night!

'sus smiley - smiley


Love Is... (2)

Post 55

Spanner

even the strongest of people can give in to unreasonable ultimatums but it often leads to resentment and ultimately the death of the relationship. there's a fine line between compromise and capitulation sometimes. and then there's the people who give you an unreasonable ultimatum which you refuse to give in to, so they drop it, then they come back the next day with a "crisis" which means you have to give in to their unreasonable ulltimatums. or so i've heard. maybe i've just argued myself round to the point that if someone gives you an unreasonable ultimatum they don't respect you, and, as i've said in a previous post, respect has to be the bedrock of any love relationship (friendship, lovers, soulmates etc.).


Love Is... (2)

Post 56

Spanner

and like that proverbial butterfly, the flapping of love's wings can have repurcussions (sp?) far beyond the immediate. sigh


Love Is... (2)

Post 57

gaga

No wonder people can not describe love. It is so different for everyone. I am not sure what spannergirl mean't by ultimatum's. Are you talking about direct ultimatum's in a relationship, or implied ultimatum's. In the case of direct ultimatums I agree that the relationship is doomed because of lack of trust. But in many relationships there are sometimes implied ultimatums, or maybe even oly implied by one of the persons. This can lead to problems but the problem would not have likely arisen if both people communicated with each how they felt. Then again if the couple cannot talk about their feelings maybe the relationship is also doomed. This does not make sense, but then love does not make sense. It goes against all our best judgement.


Love Is... (2)

Post 58

Necro (Patron Daemon of Patron Saints)

...a concept so abstract and ineffable that this thread has absolutely no end. Love is...illegal for people who look that young. have you seen that couple that used to be in the 'mail on sunday' cartoons? they looked about five! disgusting, that's what it is. i really need a little image of a face sticking it's tongue out!

Love is...when you really don't mind the smell or the taste; you just won't let it stand in the way of their fun. think about it...smiley - winkeye

anyone killed by the blast of the above grenade, contact me and i will see about restoring you to a more active phase of existence. zombiehood is no bad thing...

necro.


Love Is... (2)

Post 59

dasilva

Hope you're referring to the taste of your partners experimental cooking there smiley - winkeye


Love Is... (2)

Post 60

$u$

*frowns* Hmmm... I never realised love was so many things. No wonder I got it wrong!

'sus


Key: Complain about this post