A Conversation for UserName Analysis

Proto to Zealot

Post 21

Magnolia

Hmm. Never thought of that. Actually, I find I don't think of anagrams much -- it's like it's too much effort? I'm a lazy analyser! I never do any more work than I find enjoyable!

STOP LOOK CURL(L) -- U ROLL TOP LOCKS -- CULL PORK TOOLS -- nahh. Not working for me. You try! smiley - smiley


Proto to Zealot

Post 22

Protocol Skull

Hmm.

LOCK POLL TORUS
LOCK ROLL SPOUT
LOCK TROLL SOUP
LOCK TROLL OPUS
LOCK PULL ROOST
LOCK PULL TORSO
LOCK STOOL PURL
LOCK LOOT SLURP
LOCK TOOL SLURP
LOCK SPROUL LOT
PLUCK ROLL SOOT
LUCK POLL ROOST
LUCK POLL TORSO
LUCK ROLL STOOP
COOK LOLL SPURT
COOK LULL STROP
COOK LULL SPORT
COOK TROLL PLUS
COOK TOLL SLURP
CROOK LULL SPOT
CROOK LULL POST
CROOK POLL SLUT
CROOK TOLL PLUS
CROOK PULL SLOT
CROOK PULL LOST
CORK LOLL SPOUT
CORK LULL STOOP
CORK POLL LOTUS
CORK PULL STOOL
ROCK LOLL SPOUT
ROCK LULL STOOP
ROCK POLL LOTUS
ROCK PULL STOOL
SOCK LULL PORTO
SOCK LULL TROOP
SOCK ROLL PLUTO
STOCK LOLL POUR
STOCK LULL POOR
PUCK LOLL ROOST
PUCK LOLL TORSO
PUCK ROLL STOOL
PUCK TROLL OSLO
PUCK TROLL SOLO
TRUCK POLL OSLO
TRUCK POLL SOLO
STUCK LOLL POOR
STUCK ROLL POLO
STUCK ROLL POOL
STUCK ROLL LOOP
SUCK LOLL PORTO
SUCK LOLL TROOP
SUCK TROLL POOL
SUCK TROLL LOOP
TUCK ROLL SLOOP
TUCK ROLL SPOOL
SCROLL LOOK PUT
SCROLL POLK OUT
SCULL LOOK PORT
SCULL POLK ROOT
SCULL ROOK PLOT

There's something about "Suck Troll Pool" that just doesn't sit right...


Proto to Zealot

Post 23

Magnolia

*Impressed!*

I rather like COOK TROLL SLUT -- ohhh hang on -- that was CROOK TROLL SLUT!!

Ever heard of a little book by the title "Mots d'Heure: Gousses, Rames"? Something tells me you might like to check it out. Mysteriously, Mag


Proto to Zealot

Post 24

Martin Harper

or stuck polo roll - for all your confectionary problems... smiley - winkeye


Proto to Zealot

Post 25

Zak T Duck

Could you do a reading on my name please?


Analysing for 'Croz'

Post 26

Martin Harper

Certainly - if Sir/Madam would like to take a seat and just relax for a moment...

First off, I'm going to assume that "(Scout, Stonebearer, Minister of Infernal Office Affairs)" are just the standard sequence of h2g2 titles - and not part of the username proper - that is to say, you don't call yourself 'Stonebearer' at all - it's just a job or somesuch... I'm also going to assume that 'Croz' is your only username, not one that just happens to be your username on h2g2...

Ok, the name's a short one, just four letters (which incidentally, seems the smallest usernames tend to get... with the exception of 'JJJ' I don't think I've seen a three letter one...). That tends to imply a certain abruptness, and busyness - not some unemployed layabout with nothing better to do that surf h2g2... smiley - winkeye Sometimes short names are born out of a desire to be hidden, to stay as anonymous as possible - but I don't think so in this case - such a person wouldn't have a 'Z' at the end of their name - too noticeable...

Names ending in 'z' always conjure up images of thoze doodz who alwayz replaze letterz like s into zss... well - not everyone with a 'z' at the end of their name falls into that category, and I doubt it in this case smiley - smiley - but a -z ending does imply a certain sort of outlook - hmm - hard to put into words - I'll come back to this, maybe...

If the Z is a replacement for an S, then that would make the real 'hidden' name 'Cros' or perhaps 'Cross' - that amplifies the idea of impatience and a 'love me or hate me' temperament implied by the short name - as does the word that sprung to mind when I saw the name 'croc' - is this a snappy person? (ok, so that was a bad pun...) The name is certainly not one I'd want to get on the wrong side of...

Regardless of whether the person behind the name does have this sort of robust character or not, the name implies it - if the user is in fact fairly genteel, perhaps this might explain slightly harsh online treatment they may have received, or a certain wariness amongst those they talk to... Heh - maybe it's an old name, and the user has mellowed with age since choosing it - I've heard that happens to people as they near middle-age... smiley - winkeye

Ok, aside from the 'caution' signs that seem to be all around this name, what else can I get...? Well, I've seen 'Roz' used as a female name... is this an onlinisation (word?) of that? Or perhaps someone called roz who loves crocodiles... (and who wouldn't, they're great animals!)... this is all highly speculative, though, so I won't go any farther down that road...

Capitalisation is standard, and there's little to get from ascenders and descenders... The c,r,o are all fairly round and innoffensive letters, but that's resisted by the z... I wonder if this is someone who has two sides - a very pleasant, well-rounded sort of personality normally, but with a 'sting in the tail' represented by the Z...

While the name itself is highly recognisable, in that you'd be comparatively unlikely to run into two Croz's most places, it does offer few places on which to grab - and reveals little about what the user's real life might be like, though it does imply that temperament. That's buffered by the form the request to read took - gave nothing away - not expecting, or hoping for a good deal of success... Perhaps it beloings to a person who'd like to keep RL and VR nicely seperate - not someone highly likely to start introducing his RL friends and his family to his VR friends...

So I get the sense of a strong personality - happy, eager even, to make their mark on h2g2 and the net in general, but behind that there's a barrier, through which nobody is allowed to penetrate...

Hmm - I'm off to have a look at your space - I wonder what Magnolia will make of it...


My name is Oodoom No-itartenep

Post 27

Margravine Palavar

I felt I might have a tidbit to add. When I first saw this name I immediately thought of H.P Lovecraft. It seems to me that places and creatures in his stories always have those distorted Nyarlothep sounding names and are frequently segmented in a way similar to Oodoom No-itartenep's.


My name is Oodoom No-itartenep

Post 28

Oodoom No-Itartenep

Thats interesting in that Ive no real affinity for HP Lovecraft - in fact Im not entirely sure if Ive ever read any of his work. Unless my subconscious is a big fan and has a whole agenda which I know nothing about. Actually Ive just mildly perturbed myself - Im off to check my head is under control


My name is Oodoom No-itartenep

Post 29

Martin Harper

*realises she's miles out of character*
[dozer guy]

"I mean, uh, 5 inches and two pounds?"


My name is Oodoom No-itartenep

Post 30

Martin Harper

*doh* wrong forum! smiley - sadface


Clelba

Post 31

Clelba

Anyone wanna do an analysis of my name? Also, my school one is clare96 but that was given to me so I don't think it counts.
^. .^
= ' =


Clelba

Post 32

Martin Harper

Well - I looked at this a day ago, and nothing came to me - maybe I'm losing my knack... smiley - sadface

clare96 is the easiest - it sounds like a school/uni name just from the sound of it - name + number is the standard method. But you've said that it's a school one, and you've said that it's an is, not a was, so let's try using that, and see if there's more to get that 'name=clare'...

It's possible that there are 96 clares in your school, but more likely would be that it's a year - I guess any other clare would have got clareh96 or somesuch... Well - it can't be your year of leaving school, so it must be the year you came in... that's four years ago, and where that puts you depends on the school... but I'll hazard a guess at 14-17: roughly in that age range...

And at a school which has email - not so much a novelty nowadays, it seems - but not 100% certain either. That probably means USA or EU, but not always. And not in a city centre comprehensive, either.

Moving on... smiley - smiley

Clelba itself - the word that came to mind for me was 'Melba' - I learnt recently that it was toast that has been split to be very thin, and is apparently very good for eating pate and suchlike... which tells us what? That this one who is slightly conscious about her size and, uh, 'width'?

What else - well the name has a normal capitalisation - but that is standard here on h2g2, so shouldn't read too much. More interesting is that the name has no descenders - and quite a few ascenders. That's meant to show a fairly up-in-the-air personality - imagination, creativity, and flair. That feels right, certainly.

hmm. Clelba - I have the urge to be crude and comment on the visual look, to point to it's twin roundness but assymmetry... but I won't. Besides, what sort of woman would admit to having such a problem? smiley - winkeye

But, above such base concerns, the letters do point to a rounded personality - fits in with the few ascenders in that way. Quite a warm person, I feel.

I can't think of anything else... smiley - winkeye The overall impression, then, is a lovable, cuddly girl of 17, say, a nice, straightforward person, with lots of imagination. I'd expect her to be studying English, and too much time studying Macbeth to not quite have driven out her enthusiasm for the subject... though it's been close at times.

^._.^


Clelba

Post 33

Clelba

Hmm, some pretty good points, but I'm saying no more, incase someone else wants to do an analysis. This is fun!
^. .^
= ' =


Clelba

Post 34

Martin Harper

oh go on - increase the suspense why don't you? smiley - sadfacesmiley - smiley


Clelba

Post 35

Clelba

My lips are sealed.
^. .^
= ' =


Key: Complain about this post