A Conversation for UserName Analysis

Curiousity killed the cat

Post 1

Daydreambeliever

I've been reading over this and am now very interested in what people think of when they see my screen name. I'd be honored if you gave it a try smiley - smiley

Daydreambeliever


Analysing for Daydreambeliever...

Post 2

Martin Harper

Well, I hope there'll be no death here, of cats or otherwise... smiley - winkeye

Surface impressions: someone who believes in daydreams... what does this mean though? Perhaps someone who believes they predict the future? Or believes that they are as 'real' in some sense as the rest of life? Who knows...

I note 'believer' is spelt right - so this is a better speller than myself... smiley - biggrin

Belief in daydreams seems very romantic - I can imagine a chick-flick with a daydream believer in the starring role - he big question is what the daydream is, of course - are we talking a knight in shining armour? Or an intimate meeting with the girl next door?

There's only one descender here - and lots of ascenders - that goes well with the idea of daydreams - someone who likes living in a land of fantasy - and who wouldn't!? I'd say this user was imaginative, creative, perhaps not as in touch with reality as they might be, but doesn't care.

No spaces - which is fairly unusual - especially here on h2g2. Someone who came from a place where spaces were not allowed, and using the same name here as there? That points to someone with a fairly consistent web personality - with the same name in different 'places'. So, while this person might not be terribly attached to reality they do have a very strong sense of 'self' and are pretty clear on who and what they are. "Know thyself", and all that.

The caps are also a little different - I'd expect "DaydreamBeliever" or "DayDreamBeliever". Is this someone who's perhaps a little shy? It has the effect of sort of 'blurring' the words into each other - it's a very dreamy sort of effect, so kudos if it's intentional.

That's all I'm getting at the moment - how did I do?


Analysing for Daydreambeliever...

Post 3

Daydreambeliever

Certainly no cats will be harmed in the analysis of this name smiley - winkeye
smiley - biggrin You did very well, much better than I would like to admit seeing as the nickname came from the Monkees song and someone who felt that it described me. I adopted it as my screen name because it seemed fitting but I had no idea how much so until I read your description. I am a romantic, creative person who loves the fantasy world and the escape from normal reality that it sometimes provides. smiley - winkeye I'm very shy and dreamy as well although I am wishing now that I had intentionally blurred the letters but that can be our little secret can't it? smiley - biggrin Thank you!


Analysing for Daydreambeliever...

Post 4

Martin Harper

A pleasure - glad to have been of help! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more