A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3501

Rosemary {[(2+2+2)^2]+4+2=42}

Lil, I am amazed that you were merely irritable at the enforced Fox 'news'.

Z, enjoy your trip.

I am going back to uni to do an MA in a month's time. This is now starting to get scarily close-my revised working arrangements have been agreed and input into the HR system. smiley - yikes (Having just become permanent, I am going to half time, rather than quitting entirely, as Art History has low enough contact hours.)


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3502

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Art History! That's the online course I am about to sign up for, at Eastern New Mexico U.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3503

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

My Toshiba netbook just fell off the hospital side table and landed on a corner, a drop of about 4 feet. smiley - yikes As y'all see, it's in perfect working order. Me, I'm not so sure -- when I saw my connection to the rest of the world go crash I almost had a heart attack.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3504

Witty Moniker

Good thing those Toshibas are sturdy!


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3505

Beatrice

A quick check in from Belfast.

We are in the middle of a thunderstorm - pelting rain, thunder, and flashes of lightning.

My youngest is currently packing all her belongings into a little spotted red handkerchief (this isn't a million miles away from the truth), and off to seek her fortune in the gold-paved streets of London (Ok, she's taking up a place at a dance college)

I'm selling off any of her unwanted clothes, so does anyone need a red prom dress, skiing outfit, or set of motrobike leathers?


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3506

Z

Very much doubt they're my size.

Are you ok?


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3507

Bagpuss

smiley - stiffdrink for Lil. That's a scary experience.

Anyone heard of MathsJam? It appears to be a bunch of people in a pub doing mathematics problems, which I realise won't appeal to all of you, but sounds smiley - cool to me. http://mathsjam.com I'm going to give the Leeds one a try tonight.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3508

Beatrice

Unexpectedly emotional, Z! I rarely show my feelings - takes me a while to actually recognise and acknowledge them. So It's been odd to find tears rolling down my cheeks at times today.

She's just texted me from the ferry port - they're there in good time for the overnight boat to Liverpool, driving down to London tomorrow morning. It's the boat used by lots of truckers, so it feels like a proper road trip.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3509

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Aww, Bea smiley - hug


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3510

Eatsmice

smiley - hug for Bea. And the incarcerated Lil.

Z, when you arrive get into the bar and drink heavily until closing time. Then go to bed. In the RAF we called it "First night Madness". You woke up in the morning, feeling like carp but in tune with the local time zone.
And have a GREAT trip.

smiley - cat


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3511

Z

Bagpuss, I know someone who is a regular at Edinburgh Mathsjam and really enjoys it smiley - ok go for it. Unless it's to meet girls when you'll need a different hobby.

I arrive at 5am, so I was going to stay up until the stopover at Singapore (we don't get long, it's the same flight number), and then do 8 hours sleeping prior to arrival. That should work out.

I'm a bit scared of the presentation, of spending 24 hours in flight, and jsut going that far. I've never been further afield than Morocco before. Mind you they speak English in Australia.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3512

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Ha! So you think. smiley - evilgrin


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3513

Titania (gone for lunch)

Maybe a bit like 'they speak French in Canada?' smiley - winkeye

Many years ago a friend of mine was studying French at a French university.

Now, I think it's pretty widely known that the French often will refuse to even attempt to speak any other language than French. And yet, one day it happened.

My friend was in a shop together with two fellow students; French-Canadians.

And after a while, the shopkeeper said:

'Since you speak French so poorly, I will attempt to speak English to you instead.'

Her felllow students were very insulted.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3514

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

We had a school trip to Paris* when I was wee girl (about 13) so it was *years* ago. If we didn't know the word for something we replaced it with Terry Wogan (in a silly French accent, natch smiley - winkeye). We found it funny, anyway smiley - silly


*our 'hotel' wsa *just* on the border of the Red Light District. Considering we were a convent school and arrived with three nuns, it seemed an odd choice.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3515

Titania (gone for lunch)

'Star is caught devouring planet' smiley - bigeyes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19332091


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3516

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3517

Pastey

Afternoon all. I need a drink.


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3518

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*thinks about planets as kibble for stars*


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3519

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I need to suck a corner of Roostas towel.
smiley - towel


107Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 3520

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

By the way, Eats, I took the virtual tour of your lovely home. Is it always so immaculate?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more