A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1341

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I would suggest releasing the hamster but I don't know if we get get them out of their cages. All of this exercise they've gotten, they'll probably be too big to get out!


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1342

Titania (gone for lunch)

But surely all that running would have made the hampsters quite slimmed? And yes, it's hampsters, ask Elton: A710092

Considering how many years I've been playing computer games, both off- and online, it wasn't until today I tried setting up my own gaming server (maximum 3 users due to my broadband up- and download times).

I've managed to log on myself so far smiley - diva, remains to be seen if I can manage to get my nephew (son of Ludwig, for those of you who remember him) on to the server as well, which was the very reason I even attempted it smiley - rolleyes

*cough* minecraft *cough*


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1343

Titania (gone for lunch)

OK, finally had a chance to listen to the links provided by Yar (mustn't access youtube at w*rk) - liked the first (good gaming music) and the third one (yes, definitely JamesBondish).

And got reminded of one of my favourite games; Grim Fandango and all the great music it contains - so much to pick from, but here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBe0hsNu_RE&feature=related


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1344

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ooooo.. and now my train of thought is taking me into 'favourite gaming moments' - feel free to ignore my next postings unless you want to add your own experiences...

Starship Titanic, when I realised I really shouldn't have stuffed that noisy parrot into a succubus, ending up only Bob knows where - had to search through most of the ship before finding it again (as I remember it, he was vital for disarming the bomb, but his constant screeching drove me nuts).


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1345

Titania (gone for lunch)


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1346

Titania (gone for lunch)

Eh?

Anyway, I meant to say 'most memorable gaming moment' not 'best' - although feel free to pick one or both...


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1347

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Ah minecraft. smiley - musicalnote diggy diggy hole!smiley - musicalnote

might need to take some of the money I got from the backpayment of my benefits and use it to get some job interview clothes.

minismiley - mouse


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1348

Dizzy H. Muffin

Nah, the bomb just had a passcode, didn't it? The parrot was pretty much immaterial, once you'd gotten at his perch. And the bomb wasn't even armed to begin with (I've always felt that "Push button to disarm bomb" was a very Douglas Adams thing).

As for most memorable gaming moment ... well, it was in Touhou Hisoutensoku, actually. I was playing the story mode of Sanae Kochiya; the short version is, she's a young wind priestess of the Moriya Shrine, and in that game, one of the gods of her shrine, a frog-god named Suwako Moriya, had indirectly caused the incident which formed the game's plot, so Sanae's story-mode ends with the two of them duelling (nonlethal duels where neither combatant actually comes to much harm are a thing in Touhou's setting). The important detail here is that I won the fight with a smidgen of health left, on my last life, with one second left on the timer.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1349

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Yar, smiley - applause!

And by the time I'd caught up on backlog last night I'd forgotten to say to Merely a Number that my favorite Ry Cooder movie theme is Alamo Bay.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1350

Merely a number


I'm not familiar with Alamo Bay and so far haven't found it anywhere I can listen to it...smiley - sadface


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1351

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1352

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

[Nick - nighty-night, folks]


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1353

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - yawn

5 am - on a Saturday, I must be getting old, can't sleep late on weekends any more.

And what does it say about me that I get happy when Clever bot tells me, after I say:

'I am Titania.'

'Wow! That's the same name as my best friend!'

I, Robot.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1354

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hehe, about Minecraft:

http://xkcd.com/861/


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1355

Bagpuss

[Bagpuss]


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1356

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Wrong movie. I meant the theme from Southern Comfort. The album is here and you can listen to a wee sample --
http://www.amazon.com/Music-Ry-Cooder/dp/B000002N0X/ref=sr_1_20?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1316881506&sr=1-20

So -- we're having a barbeque on the beach on the 29th. A Tombstone party.

I have scheduled the movers to come in and start packing tomorrow. They're to start in the exhibition area, then do the diplomatic offices and then the library and tech areas. The salon will be left alone until the 29th, which is why we're partying on the beach.

Maybe we can even watch a satellite crash or something. Where DID that NASA thing end up?


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1357

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I've missed a few posts, but I will go back. I just wanted to add that you do *not* want to know what we call Minecraft here. (It rhymes, sort of smiley - silly)


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1358

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Game music, Zelda: Link to the Past.

smiley - musicalnote This way to the bomb shop, this way to the bomb shop... smiley - musicalnote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IAVCmV_g88&feature=related


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1359

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 1360

Merely a number


Thanks for the southern comfort, Lil. I listened to the sample and to a longer part of it on U-tube and enjoyed immensely. I've also heard Ry Cooder interviewed on my local radio and must say I really think I would like this man.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more