A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2601

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Ouch indeed, HN. He's been taking more of his painkillers (and my goddess, they're horse pills) I hope the doc will let him have more tomorrow.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2602

Santragenius V

For some reason I found this to be funny: http://tinyurl.com/26p37l2

I think I subscribe to your preferred way of working, Eats - I have to say that Mrs SG V is a great believer in lists...


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2603

Teuchter

* reading and sympathising/empathising

* wonders what exactly Freddie is up to at the moment


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2604

Phil

[p] off to the doctor of more magic pills that work. Need to see him to get the repeat authorised.

Also wondering where all the space in this house has come from...


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2605

Mrs Zen

Dementia is surreally disturbing, MC. What an upsetting incident for everyone.

Ouch for Mr Nerd. Lots of ouchiness in the salon at the moment. smiley - cuddle

We have fleas. Not Z and me, but Tiger smiley - cat Bella smiley - blackcat and Timmy smiley - blackcat. I don't actually mind fleas that much, live and let scratch, but I'm sufficiently socialised to accept that I must now do the whole shut-the-room-and-spray thing, made more complex by having to shift the torties and Fluff. My heart sinks at the thought of all the bedding that's in the storage depot.

Ben


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2606

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Fleas. Huh. In reality nothing more than a minor irritation, yet perceived by a large percentage of the population to be harbingers of filth and disaster.

Your starter for 10: Race memory of plague, or are people just wusses?

smiley - ale


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2607

Mrs Zen

Wusses.

Though in fairness, some people react very badly to them. Bella smiley - blackcat is allergic, poor itchy thing.

I guess it *could* be race memory of plague, but when was plague actually nailed to rats and fleas? So if plague's a factor I think it would be diluted into a set of associated "ikk" reactions which associate poverty, disease and verminous filth.

As one of Aphra Behn's character's said: "come away quickly, poverty's catching".

B


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2608

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Surely it's comparatively recently that fleas etc would be associated just with poverty, though? How long have we had decent flea treatments? Prior to that they'd just be assoicated with living in close quarters with animals. Which covers the bottom and top of society, again until quite recently. Nobles' hunting dogs must've been rife with them. Our hound picks them up with depressing regularity from the foxes in the field behind our garden. Stupid thing won't learn not to associate with them.

smiley - ale


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2609

Teuchter

I'm very firmly in the Shudders At The Thought of Fleas camp, being very allergic to their bites.

* wonders if Witty's okay these days


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2610

Witty Moniker

Surviving. Not thriving.

On my way to court this morning. All of a sudden, a certain STBX is in a hurry to get divorced. Must be in a hurry to get married or something.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2611

lostmonalisa

fleas wouldnt be so bad if they didn't bite. surprisingly, with two cats and a dog, we haven't had a problem in a few years. (both the cats are indoor ones, so that makes a big difference.)


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2612

Teuchter

Our thoughts are with you, Witty smiley - cuddle


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2613

Mrs Zen

Definitely. smiley - goodluck


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2614

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.

Sorry about the Hubby HN, hope he's alright!


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2615

Bluebottle

Afternoon all.

*Washes up and puts the v/_\3 on*

<BB<


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2616

Santragenius V

Pssst: BB, there's actually a bot who might feel unemployed if you do the washing up smiley - winkeye

Almost done packing my office into little boxes all mad of ticky tacky. And putting post-its on everything not boxable. Wall painting and new carpets going to happen while I'm on vacation.

Surprisingly, I got a load of stuff dumped. Yay.

On vacation in 1-2 hours, back in the office Aug 9 smiley - boing

Lots of smiley - goodluck, smiley - cheerup & smiley - tea for all of you who could need either/or right now!


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2617

FG

Stay strong, Witty.

<>

Fleas, ticks, bedbugs, mosquitoes...yes, anything that thrives on my blood and flesh and spreads disease is a filthy creature indeed.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2618

8584330

*Frantically redirects expressions of sympathy toward Magwitch's hubby.*

Sorry for the confusion. I see I failed to add >>> when I responded to Magwitch's post regarding her husband falling downstairs.

<>

Well, fleas *are* the harbingers of tapeworms. smiley - canofworms


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2619

Titania (gone for lunch)

Don't like creatures that bite me and cause itching. Or sting me. Think horse flies are the worst though, taking a big chunk of flesh out of you making you bleed like smiley - bleep.

I thought rats were considered the harbingers of plague? Or are we talking general ailments here?

*chants* Ring a ring o'roses, a pocketful of posies, atishoo, atishoo, all fall down...


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2620

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - spacesmiley - star
[-B4-]
{meanwhile, back at the ranch, amplifiers circuits are biased against our intrepid electric cowboy}


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more