A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2521

FG

[fg]


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2522

Mrs Zen

lml - how devastating for all of you. I cannot imagine having to absorb that sort of news.

smiley - tea

Spent most of the day cleaning the crap out of iTunes and the carpet. But now both my iPod and the house are functional. Hardly know myself.

Ben

PS - Is there still an awareness of the Spanish / Dutch history in the two countries do you think? Is this a grudge match?


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2523

Todaymueller

When they were playing the national anthems the commentator said the Dutch lyrics were all about William of orange fighting the Spanish. smiley - erm Now rooting for the Spanish after some nasty Dutch fouls.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2524

Santragenius V

From the fouls you should indeed think so - it's even played in a part of the world where they sailed around trying for world domination...


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2525

Z

Sol - I hope Star is ok,

I failed to get to the top of the Mountain today. Drizzle and gentle breeze at sea level turned into a gale that I couldn't stand up in at 900 meters. Of course it cleared when I got down to the bottom. Next time I'm going to try and wait it out for a bit longer.

Did see some cute swifts though.

http://zwalksupsomehills.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/in-which-i-nearly-make-it-to-the-summit-of-ben-vane/


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2526

Metal Chicken

smiley - hug tough news there, lml, best wishes to all your family.

Sol, Hope Star is better soon.

I'm loving the relaxing, hypnotic sounds created by Pulsate. There are some other nice toys on there too, the tone matrix kept me and Phil both amused and competing for control of the keyboard.

This afternoon I have turned a lot of strawberries into a couple of jars of jam. Not the first time I've made jam, but the first time I've been able to use all our own strawberries to do so. All very satisfying and the entire house is now filled with a strong aroma of strawberries.

MC


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2527

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Oh, lml... I hope that donors can be found swiftly.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2528

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

And, oh my... smiley - bigeyes at the vuvuzela Bolero! Wonderful stuff.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2529

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

2306 is where I was last heard from. I had no phone line for days! Long story. Cleaning lady was here today which made the office out-of-bounds for most of today. Dang!

Let me catch up with events, hew the backlog, and organize the new thread. Double dang, here comes another thunderstorm...

An exotic visitor this morning:
http://bonitovalley.com/journal/robinmoth.html


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2530

Mrs Zen

Tiger's out on the tiles and I'm cold and sleepy.

Oh well.

I've got myself a sewing machine from someone who'd advertised it on Gumtree. It's a nice machine and does zig-zag stitches. I've a whole huge stack of mending, altering and generally fixing to do, and a lot of it needs zig-zags or pseudo-overlocks.

smiley - yawn

C'mon, cat! I want to go to bed... smiley - erm

B


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2531

Todaymueller

Thats an impressive moth Lil, worth looking at the high res photos.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2532

Eatsmice

Pleased the Spanish won. Was rooting for the Dutch to begin with, but the sheer number of fouls they were committing whereas the Spaniards were just trying to play good football.

Lml, that's not a good situation. What are the chances of donors coming forward and will that make a significant difference?

Sol, your case is like one step forward, two back. Just when you were looking forward to some peace and self time you get all that worry. Hopefully Monday's Docs will settle your worries.

I made spicy butternut squash soup today. Quite sweet but really tasty. From a recipe book that supports breast cancer. Will post a link. I'm sure Amazon sell it too.

smiley - cat


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2533

Todaymueller

For those that missed the Nodnol meet a few weeks ago, this was pretty much what it was like at the cafe in the Tate modern art gallery. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9OCS08rabE


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2534

Mrs Zen

Got him!

Poor Tiger, he so wanted to be outside.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2535

Eatsmice

http://www.thinkpinkscotland.org/

The recipe book is simple and straightforward. No fancy recipes that leave you hunting for odd ingredients. And all the proceeds go to am excellent charity.

smiley - cat*insomnia night*


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2536

lostmonalisa

I think that donors will be available. My daughter has said that she's got an extra kidney one of them can have if its suitable. I think that there are enough cousins that someone will step forward and be a match. Positive thinking.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2537

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2538

FG

<>

Better than any air freshener, I'm sure!


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2539

8584330

>>> I've asked the BCs to build me some bat houses several times. They always say they will but never do. I think I'll see if I can find any ready made. I know we have bats in the area. I see them quite often. They might s well live at my house.

Hypatia, there's a craftsman who builds "Bat Approved"* bat houses from reclaimed redwood. His workshop is over in the next county. He doesn't have an online site, but he does ship. Would you like his contact info?

*through Bat Conservation International


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2540

Mrs Zen

".... there ain't a duck in the building ...." smiley - smiley Thank you Tod.

I'm always very tempted by these:

http://www.customworks.co.uk/browse/OverheardattheMuseum_480_0_0.html


Key: Complain about this post