A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1061

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Thanks for the explaination Coely.

So I am trying to figure out how to waterproof my digital camera for the trip. I want to take pictures, but I also want to be sure that I protect my camera. ANy ideas how I can store a sensitive electronic device from the possibility of getting wet on the raft?


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1062

Z

*excited smiley - hugs coelacath*

I *miss* your contributions to the Atlier! and your advice on smells of rotten egg..


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1063

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oops - sorry Coely - I'm sure that those of the Salonistas that managed to 'get it' are in majority, so... I'll just live and learn, OK?


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1064

Ormondroyd

smiley - wow I never expected to find smiley - football being mentioned in the Atelier! So, do you guys think Rooney will go to Newcastle or Manch...

(Security bots hastily eject Ormondroyd from Atelier)


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1065

Mrs Zen

I enjoyed the Molesworth, Coley! smiley - hug

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1066

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*sends bots to retrieve Ormondroyd*

I think Everton will hold out for 26 million for the boy Rooney. I wouldn't give you £3.50 cos I think he'll do a Gazza.

smiley - antsmiley - football


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1067

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I love molesworth. smiley - smiley I also love football. smiley - football Come to think of it, I love Coely, too. smiley - bluefishsmiley - hug


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1068

logicus tracticus philosophicus

I'd visit a camping store you should find they have gortex/latex type backs that might do failing that ,if its one of those smaller ones ,durex covers there quite stretchy. should prove effective.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1069

Ormondroyd

(Dusts self down, stares rather crossly at bots)

Yeah, I think you may be right, Amy. When a smiley - footballer is so exceptionally dumb that he's not allowed to give interviews for the first year or so of his top-flight career, you have to wonder about his ability to cope.

You really should join The Virtual Supporters' Club, you know: A243677 . smiley - footballsmiley - ok


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1070

Hypatia

>>Well, hens are crap at flying anyway, you rarely have to clip their wings.


Many years ago when F and I lived in Tyler, TX, we had some friends who owed F $50 and couldn't pay it back. He didn't care and wanted to drop the whole thing, but they felt bad about it and decided to give us 3 baby chickens. They were the pretty banty chicks and I'd always wanted a banty rooster, so I decided we should raise them and make pets out of them. They turned out to be two roosters and a hen. We named the roosters Stretch and Cecil and named the little hen Dorothy. We didn't clip their wings and let them run around the yard at will. They roosted in a crepe myrtle tree at the corner of our patio, so I know they could fly.

Well, Cecil was fairly normal but Stretch never did learn how to crow properly. He sounded like he had laryngitis all the time. We wondered at the time if he was gay. Both roosters grew bright, long tail feathers and had feathers between their toes and were generally very handsome chickens.

Dorothy was a nice little hen with speckled feathers who liked to have her head petted and would sit on your lap and eat out of your hand. But she did have one tiny pecularity. She didn't like the gas man. The gas meter was at the edge of the patio and the limb where the chickens roosted was located just above it. Every month when the gas man came to read the meter, Dorothy would fly up onto her tree limb, wait until he was bent over writing down our meter reading, and then she would crap on him. She never did this to another living soul. Well, one time she did crap on Penny, our Blue Tick Hound, but it was after Penny chased her away fron a water bowl so we figured she had it coming.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1071

Mrs Zen

Which reminds me - the outflow pipes for the dishwasher were left unstoppered at Rainbow's, and the outflow from the sink was leaking when we pulled the plug.

I *knew* there was a reason why I keep condoms in my handbag!

Mind you - when we went to replace them, we found that the folks that shop at Waitrose obviously get sex more regularly than the folks that shop in Tescos. In Waitrose they come in 12s or 18s. In Tescos you can get them in packs of threes.

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1072

Mrs Zen

Simulpost, I was replying to ltp.

I love bantams - so much nicer than full size hens.

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1073

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Perhaps I shall join after Salt Lake City gets it's football team for MLS next season. I fully intend on going to the first game and hopefully becoming a fan of the game again. I watch the world cup every few years and I try to get the odd EPL game on tv, but I can't really get in to any particular team.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1074

Witty Moniker

Marv, try a zip-lock freezer bag for your camera. Or two of them, just to be extra safe.

Thanks for the literary reference, coely. If it's any comfort at all, I spent today in a cleaning frenzy, too. Daughter #1 is having a party on Saturday and we are having family friends over on Sunday. smiley - cheerup <---- loobrush

*Eyes glaze over at the mention of smiley - football*


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1075

Ormondroyd

smiley - laugh This last bit of Atelier cross-talk contains the most surreal coincidence. The smiley - football team I have supported for far too many years is Bradford City - nickname, 'The Bantams'! There's even a cute little bantam on top of the club badge!
smiley - biggrin


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1076

Hypatia

You're so fancy in the UK. In the Ozarks, they're plain old banties. smiley - biggrin

We refer to a short man with a big ego as a strutting banty.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1077

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

smiley - rofl *doesn't dare comment*


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1078

Hypatia

Shall I tell you whose husband is a strutting banty? smiley - whistle It rhymes with welldungus.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1079

Ormondroyd

But is that strutting banty as handsome as the one pictured at the bottom of this page?

http://www.bradfordcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/club/view/page/0,,10266,00.htmlsmiley - biggrin


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1080

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

That's not you, is it, Orm?


Key: Complain about this post