A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 881

Z

You really have no idea how much help this has been.. I'm dying to actually try and put it into practice, well I'm not, but it's been really useful feedback.

There is no way of telling how it feels. In one of the London medical schools they are taught gyne exams by a female tutor who then lets you examine her and gives you feed back as you go.

I wonder how that job was advertised!


Sorry to the guys.. honestly.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 882

Phil

smiley - football, isn't that the game that happens when the cricket isn't being played smiley - winkeye


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 883

Coniraya

That female tutor deserves a medal for service above and beyond the call of duty!

Don't worry, DD the conversation will soon drift on to another topic.

A friend of mine has started her Crimble shopping! I fancy a week in New York at the beginning of December for that, but sadly the bank manager is likely to frown on the idea.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 884

Demon Drawer

New York, eh? Unless you offer to take the bank manager with you I can see them having problems authorising an increased overdraft.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 885

Z

They actually advertised (god knowns where) for 'female gynecological teaching assistance' and being examined yourself was part of the job description.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 886

Titania (gone for lunch)

*head spinning after conquering postings 1-500 in current thread*smiley - online2long

Let's see... *consults her notes* ...some belated comments:

smiley - strawberry Well done smiley - ok to those who did well, smiley - goodluck to those with plans and a smiley - hug to those with worries.

smiley - strawberry Shaving - most of my body hair is pitch black so it shows very well. I used to shave my legs regularly, but after waxing them (at home) last year very few hairs have grown out again so I don't bother any more. I shave my armpits because otherwise the roll-on deodorant won't work (applying it on the hairs instead of the skin is pretty useless).

I also pluck my eyebrows, but that's simply because I don't fancy the Frida Kahlo look - not on me, at least! My eyebrows did their best to make ends meet in my teens and also started going a bit bushy, so…

smiley - strawberry Phil, the WOMAD sounds like fun and I think I've seen some of the artists you mentioned. It sounds a lot like what the Falun Folk Music Festival used to be in the early years, when 99% of the audience consisted of folk music freaks and not, like nowadays, of people who couldn't care less about obscure music/artists and are simply looking for an excuse to get drunk outdoors.

smiley - strawberry Ooo… I got 100% on the 'genuine or fake e-mail'!smiley - bigeyes I think it's because I get fake ones - a lot.

Matina, a smiley - bubbly please before I return to the trawling


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 887

Titania (gone for lunch)

...and Happy Birthday to Caer!smiley - bubbly


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 888

Coniraya

Nope, it's not my birthday, but I'm quite happy to pretend it is smiley - smiley


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 889

a girl called Ben

Happy not-birthday then!

smiley - laugh


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 890

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Utah still has drive-in movies? NJ, the state that invented them, has none anymore. But they were uncomfortable and an annoying place to watch a film, so I'm OK with that.

The glitter story sounds like it could be true. It's what known as a "definition error" - confusing two objects that are visually similar but serve different purposes. I once did that with aerosol antiperspirant and room deodorizer, which is how I learned not to put the two aerosol cans on the same shelf. No harm done though, I just had a nice lime smell much of the day.
smiley - dog


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 891

Titania (gone for lunch)

Sorry for getting the months wrong Caer - we're closing the books for July today, and I'm still deep into last month...smiley - doh


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 892

Demon Drawer

Today is the 4th Anniversary of the First Scotish Researchers Group meet up.

More importantly it was the day that FC and DD first met in real life.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 893

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


*Matina brings DD a cake with 4 candles in it*

Topics of discussion at the atelier have only one requirement -- good manners. We find over the years that topics seek their own level of interest.

Protracted heavy rain last night, and as my landlady hasn't fixed the roof yet I shipped about a quart of water in leaks. smiley - sadface

Lots to do today, and some of it I'll get paid for.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 894

Coniraya

Aaaaawww, that's a better reason to open the smiley - bubbly.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 895

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I thought the ladies of the salon might enjoy this, I won't be choosing my bridesmaids dresses from here:

http://www.uglydress.com

although I am scared they'll end up there anyway smiley - yikes


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 896

Santragenius V

Some of the GP related discussions further up made me think of a story - which is probably as true as it comes given that it is told by an uncle of mine who may be a Vet but who has GPs in his family, including his daughter:

Somewhere in the very western part of Denmark, a young and newly started GP had been called out to a woman giving birth in her own home - which does still happen, however rare these days...

On the way out there he was going over alll the quite recently acquired knowledge from his studying - but to no avail as he was met by the midwife in the door: "Don't worry - it's all over already and everything is just fine".

And his reaction: Oh ****, I had actually looked forward to seeing a birth in real life...

smiley - ermTells you about what cuts in education hospitals might lead to...


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 897

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

The gynacological discussion is.... interesting.

I went through all my old 3.5" floppy disks last night, to get any info I might want off of them. I found an old game called Prince of Persia. Good DOS based game that was created when windows 3.1 had just come out. I discovered that it can be played in windows XP, the games is about as much fun as I recall it being.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 898

a girl called Ben

I went through that site hoping that my ex's wedding to the horse wouldn't be on it. I have an awful fear it is only a matter of time though.

The more I think about it, the more I think 'no photographers' is a good call!

Torrential rain, thunder, lightening and the stepson stood me up twice in one day. A complete waste of a day, all around in fact.

Hmmmm.

B


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 899

a girl called Ben

*waves to Santragenius*

B


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 900

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Santragenius, welcome! Have you just stepped out of the lurkers' parallel dimension?

My insurance covers windshield replacements. smiley - ok It should be accomplished tomorrow afternoon.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more