A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 941

tartaronne

*Enters with flags in hand, balloons hanging from the ears and confetti in hair*

Blame it on my age! After 66 posts I cannot remember who to congratulate on b'days and anniversaries, and who to wish good luck.

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - goodlucksmiley - goodlucksmiley - goodlucksmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Be good to sort it out yourselves smiley - winkeye.

Hi Santra, smiley - biggrin


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 942

Agapanthus

Ooh, B, exciting! You will come back and tell us all, won't you?


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 943

Mrs Zen

On the assumption that I *do* come back - you know how dodgy Internetizens are, don't you?

smiley - laugh

B


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 944

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I hated this place the last time, and I still hate it...

So I get my check today from the Ubermangler. I open it to verify if I got my 90 day raise, and sure enough, nope. Me and my collegue who started at the same time were both stiffed on our raises. Seems that they don't go in on the 91st day of employment, which is what I was lead to believe, but rather that they go in to effect on the first day of the following pay period. However, they took the premiums for the insurance that I now have (which is the only thing that is allowing me to get glasses on Monday) out of this check.

I never knew that I could get the shaft so many time from a place and still go back to it. And to top it off, I still have no leads on a new job.

I just sit here for a bit to cool off. I really hate this place....


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 945

U195408

Thanks GDZ. I'm already hooked. I love those retro games. I was playing Karateka earlier this year, but I enjoy prince of persia much better.

Happy B-day, B4 I forget!

Good luck at the Re-union Marv.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 946

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Glad you like it dave. There's nothing like a game that does not have cheat codes that you actually have to figure everything out on, is there?


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 947

Agapanthus

Marv, you have my most heartfelt sympathies. Have a long cold ice-cuby drink of your choice.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 948

Hypatia

Sometimes I absolutely adore living in a small town. News travels with the speed of light.

Someone, who shall remain nameless but whose initials are SMELLFUNGUS, is having a spot of trouble at work.

smiley - musicalnote Oh what a beautiful morning.....


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 949

Santragenius V

Agapanthus - loved your rendering of sending-off-an-application-for-a-job-you-really-really-want jitters smiley - smiley

I guess the thing I usually do that you didn't mention is to have Mrs Santra go over it with her critical eye - does lots to calm me that I haven't goofed up mightily.

And I usually do not make tea before sending it smiley - tongueout

Having sent all that, my latest application - for the much loved job I have now - went away hastily, all in shamples, missed out one of the bits I usually consider important... You had to apply via the company's website and I discovered the ad approx 9pm on the day that was the deadline... smiley - yikes

Yet I actually, blimey, ended up getting the job...

(hope it's a reassuring thought!) smiley - goodluck


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 950

Hati

[Hati]
*exhausted after a day in the zoo*


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 951

U195408

And by figuring everything out, that includes the control keys!!! smiley - smiley


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 952

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

It does at that! I had played it before, not for a decade or so, and still had to remember what keys do what.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 953

Teuchter

Hi Santrogenius smiley - smiley

Just out of the car after a 4hr drive back from Devon - traffic was appalling because the M3 was closed.
However, we're safely back AND I didn't argue with Ma, not even once.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 954

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Yet again id releases a game that I can't play. So tonight I am going to get a video card to be able to play Doom3.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 955

Z

Good luck with the date Ben I hope it works, if not it sounds fun.

Good luck with jobs smiley - goodluck

I'd ended my GU attachment, had a really nice meeting with the consultant, he remembered an essay I wrote two years ago, and gave me lots of useful career tips. They've got a really good second year post grad rotation at that clinic - problem being it would involve working at the hospital I'm due to be operated on.

Hummm


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 956

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[LIL] ducking between thundershowers


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 957

Coniraya

With all the comings, goings, celebrations, new beginnings etc, it looks as if the planets are lining up for something splendiferous, and if it only means that the Smellfungus is getting a taste of her own medicine, then Someone is on the Salonistas' side. The older I get the more I believe in the Force.

*waves lightsabre around*


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 958

Hypatia

I want a lightsaber. And electricity that shoots out of my fingertips. smiley - evilgrin And a purple hat.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 959

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Nope, Sorry. We don't accept purple hats round here. You should try the next conversation over.

I mean, a purple hat! It's beyond the pale!



I think that we have seen this one before, but it's quiz time again...

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz/villain_quiz.asp

Which evil villan are you? I am Tommy DiVito from Goodfellas.


6DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 960

Mrs Zen

Jack Torrrence from The Shining

I wasn't always crazy, I slowly turned crazy from spending too much time with myself. I should get outside and see the sun! Being a psychopath is only fun for a little while; eventually all this killing and talking to myself gets so boring!

smiley - evilgrin

B


Key: Complain about this post