A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
[-B4-]
smiley - cool


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

Courtesy38

Greetings Seraphina.

I just finished Quicksilver last night, very good read, though I still like Cryptonomicon better.

Hey, we just had a 6.5 earthquake in California, it was a fun ride on the 5th floor.

Here's a link to the caltech site:
http://www.data.scec.org:3128/recenteqs/Maps/121-36.html

I wonder how MR took it smiley - evilgrin

Courtesy
*who doesn't pay attention to anything less than a 4 on the richter scale*


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

My ex once drove through a 3.7. He was on the highway in LA, though, so he just figured it was bad roads. smiley - rofl


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Back from running errands, and I hope that's the last time I have to go out before Christmas Eve. Got books to read, choccies to eat, and logs for the fire. smiley - smiley

Oetzi, I have very few dockside experiences. When I visited Aberdeen way back in July 1969, though, I got to see a very rare sight, of all the fishing boats in harbor because there was a strike on. I may have a picture somewhere.

Now I am in the mountains of New Mexico and unlikely to see a boat anytime soon.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Serephina

I still have a last few presents to get smiley - wah


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

That must have been some site Lil. There must have been 50 times more boats then. 35 years ago. A sane time.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

Afgncaap5


The late sixties....I suppose it might've been a sane time. I wasn't around, ergo I can't tell.

All I know is that life is definitely insane nowadays. I'm probably a small contribution to that, come to think of it.smiley - winkeye


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

Z

Did any one see the Metro, (that free newspaper that is given away on Public transport) this morning? There was a picture of a North Sea Ferry battling through some stormy seas off Newcastle, it was ike a sort of sea painting that was popular in the 19th century.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Z

Ooh and apparently I am highly enviromently friendly I have am only using 1.5 global hectures, if everyone lived like me we would need only one smiley - earth

I don't drive, or ride a motorbike, and walk most places, and hardly ever fly. I tend to use trains to get around which is quite green really, and our flat is rather small.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Serephina

I don't drive, ride a bike,or fly anywhere and very rarely use a train.(we have trams)..but i smoke n eeeat a lot of junk.. do i dare check my score when i can?


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

Courtesy38

Well I consume 41 ... I was trying for 42 but no go smiley - winkeye

MR - I forgot to mention that I've had Johnny Cash's When the Man Comes Around for a while. I think it is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

Oh, and Happy B-Day G7.

Courtesy


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Thanks, Courtesy. smiley - smiley

The 60s may have be as sane, for odd definitions of sane. smiley - silly


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

Coniraya

Went to the ice show at Basingstoke where nephews and niece where performing. The parents had to provide all the costumes and scenery and the kids where all members of ice clubs and hockey teams that use the rink and they didn't get one penny from the ticket sales towards the costs! The show was really good and in spite of getting absolutely frozen we were glad we went.

My paternal grandmother's side were the seafarers and her father was the harbour master of the Newport (S.Wales) docks, her 4 brothers (all killed at sea in WWI) were sailors and her uncles were Bristol Channel pilots, Oetzi. I have always loved the sea and wish I had the resources to go sailing again.

Now to go back to the link for the quiz.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

marvthegrate LtG KEA

A 3.7 is the biggest quake I have been in. I really do fear that SL valley will get hit with a major quake in my life time, however. Things have been building up for quite some time.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Yes Z the sea was moderate. We watched that ship I mentioned from a mile out. She had a real heave ho with the on-shore wind and a high tide and she entered Tynemouth with a lot of drift and yaw. But she was safe enough and had waited an hour before entering.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*is still not happy that she's never gotten to see the ocean to see all these lovely big boats everyone is talking about smiley - sadface*


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

Munchkin

[Munchkin]Three and a half earths there. Must be all the flying (which I am trying to cut out) as I haven't been on my own in a car for years, other than tonight.
Oh, and I have just bought Quicksilver which now forms the major reading plan of my Christmas.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Z

smiley - hug You've never been to the sea ever? I'm sorry.

It's strange how alien that seems to us UKians, apparently no where here is more than 70 miles from the sea. Perhaps that's why we're all so irrationally obbessed with the shipping forcast.

I may have cheated a bit because don't count gliding as flying, - no engine so not that much damage to the smiley - earth...

(and I don't even use an aerotow to get up their..)


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - hug Z. No worries. I have decided that I will see it - one way or the other - before my next 29th b-day. smiley - winkeye


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Z

Oh I forgot to reply to Otezi, I love watching nice big storms, and have a sort of fascination with smiley - lighthouse's.

*feels miserable about living in Birmingham*


Key: Complain about this post