A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2141

SE

i've asked a few of my friends (well, only five) since a bit ago and none of us ever played "doctor" as children.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2142

Hati

Oh, that's what I forgot - I knew there was something!
We played "doctor" when I was 6 and the girl next door was 5. The other kids were 4-5 years older than we were so I guess we got the idea from them. But we had our own hiding place and everything.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2143

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Toc used to walk 1/2 mile to primary school year old as ten year old 2 miles much of it acrossed field over railway track.
Is life that much more dangerous for kids now
yes definetly as a result of more and more resources redirected,the legal system has been or seen to me as resources transfered to "white coller crimes" late sixties early seventies.(budgets)
hence increase in other crimes

abcB
Did we meet as childeren,your description could just as wasily been mine,as a 7 or 8 year old i felt i was fully developed as
to the identity i presented as teenager or adult,as for "sex games" as childeren playing those games i think our generation
thoughts with regard to the "sexual content" where influenced by "event flower power/peace and love",Besides to us a the time we where being adults.

also ask 1930 generation what they got up to (flappers/art ect) gives good ideah US roaring twenties.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2144

Sol

[Sol]


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2145

Styx the Rat


*red eyes glowing under sofa*

heh heh heh Demon Drawer run for president
*ties DD's shoelaces together*
But not just now


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2146

Mrs Zen

I find it shocking to realise that my childhood was so long ago, and that things really were different then...

Ben


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2147

Mrs Zen

Oh - did I say "hi" to DD? smiley - blush

Ben


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2148

GreyDesk

Yep, Doctors & Nurses, it's variants featured very stongly in my childhood from about the ages of 5 to about 9. It was the thing you did when you got bored of playing on the swings or playing conkers etc.

After that age it suddenly stopped for a while, and then at about age 12 it all came back again - just it wasn't anything like as innocent by that time smiley - blush


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2149

Z

On the subject of smiley - doctor's and , (being one of 19 and 20 year old researchers Ben was talking about, though I am 22, I don't know why that's relevent. I was born in the year that Aids was discovered, but I wasn't aware of it until I was about 11 or 12.)

I needless to say played smiley - doctors as a child - but a far less exciting version that involved doing operations on my toys - a worrying about of my teddies had midline laparotomy scars. But I consumed any information on the Human body although it was Oxygen. It all began when a health vistor let me listen on a real stethoscope and I could hear all sorts of sounds and wanted to work out what they were.

However I have a vague memory of my brothers group of friends (about a year youngher than me) getting into trouble at the age of about 8 or nine for playing a game called "orgies" I have just rung him and confirmed it, he didn't get to play it either. Sorry if that ruins Ben's theory. I was riducously late learning about sex, I remember looking at some porn mags when I was 8 or 9 thinking "well what's all the fuss about". Then again we were a community of children growing up in a cult, so I expect we weren't exactly typical. It's worth remembering that children do go through puberty younger these days. A girl of 8 or 9 on average will have to deal with her periods starting, and with it the fact that she is having strange feelings for hte opposite, or sometimes not opposite sex, and the fact that she's now capable of having a child.


On the topic of gardening I have brought the following from the garden centre, with the grateful aid of Ben - all tips appreciated.

In small pots already

Lavender
Lavindium (apparently it's got purple flowers, I've never heard of it)
Rosemary
Chives
strawberry plant.

In seeds.

Dwaft sunflowers
green leafy things called Spicey mixed leaves
nasturtiums
sweet peas (dwaft bush vairty)

I'm thinking buying some bulbs - do they need planting now?

And I've repoted some of my flatplants (can't be house plants today) including Celica my favourite pot plant, I've owned her since I left home at 18.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2150

FG

Sporky's Kerrie Buck is an amateur when it comes to my Shawn Harris (age 7/8). We were the terrors of Dearborn Avenue and actually got in trouble with one parents for making another kid drop trou on a dare. Then, because I developed a few years earlier than every other girl on the block, I was quite the neighborhood attraction for awhile. smiley - evilgrin

My, I'm feeling very smiley - evilgrin today.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2151

SE

Kerrie and I were the intellectual sorts, having literary and visual aides....

smiley - whistle


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2152

coelacanth

Z, "A girl of 8 or 9 on average..."

I don't think you mean it quite like that. Average is a central figure. I take your post to imply that 50% of girls will have stared by 8/9 with 50% not yet started.

8/9 would be the youngest age I'd think, with maybe 12/13 as the mid point and 18 or so as the latest? I'm sure you have a text book with this? I am just relying on far more years than is good for me around hundreds, probably by now thousands of teenage girls. smiley - yikes
smiley - bluefish


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2153

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

All I had was a red setter dog and a set of Aurthur Mees encyclopaedias. That would do me now. An only child not at all given to social bonding. I remember the Woodstock stuff though, and girls became of interest around '68. But Flower Power..never convinced me Track..girls looked nice but dim in the head then.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2154

Mrs Zen

Well, the really bright ones of us still look nice but dim in the head! No point in giving the game away by actually letting on that we can *think*, now, is there?

Ben


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2155

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I remember playing Doctor. It only happened once and we didn't get very far into the examination before one of our parents started yelling for us.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2156

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Ben
I take it you've broken "the glass roof" and remain a compassionate warm and accomodating woman. Good for you girl!


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2157

Mrs Zen

smiley - blush

Glass roof, or not, (and I haven't done anything as successful as that, though I do prod some self-important buttock on occasion), it is late, and I have an early start tomorrow, (5.00am smiley - yikes)m and therefore I need to go to smiley - zzz

Ben


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2158

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Red blooded women...
Faith in the thread restored!


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2159

Witty Moniker

We need a smiley.


64Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2160

Mrs Zen

Ach, and there I was smiley - blushing. But then I flirted with the doctor when I was a minute old. Shameless, me!

Ben


Key: Complain about this post