A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Z

Gosh! 33 posts since this morning I haven't been able to keep up and reply to them all as I only have a few minutes before I am off to ask graduates for money and recieve abuse and reimbursement as a result.

I've had a neurology teaching session at the QE, which is also the regional brain surgery unit. So I've spent the day doing the sort of thing that I thought medicine would be when I was 18. Lots of scans and urgent brain surgery. Well watching other people do it of course.

Congratulations Lil, Good luck etc.

I'm still not sure what sort of learner I am, I find it difficult to apply things that I've learnt from books to patients, unless I have seen a patient to relate it to? Does that match anything?


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I get the feeling that the back log is going to pummel me when I log back in in a few hours.


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Courtesy38

MR - welcome to So Cal. believe me you are not the only one to hate the local news. I stopped watching it for the very reasons you described.

Lil - excellent job at the council.

Courtesy


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

FG

Caer, if *you're* interested, I am providing smiley - donut to my moving crew! smiley - winkeye


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I'm having a small potluck dinner party here tomorrow evening for WOLL, the Wicked Old Ladies of Lincoln. And it's cold enough that I don't feel like doing anything just now except curling up with a book, maybe lighting a fire in a couple of hours.

I drove up to Capitan to get some ice and ran into heavy drizzle, which means there ought to be snow on Sierra Blanca by now. And it may well turn to snow down here by dark. Like a good hobbit, I made sure my wood supply is good and moved the car under cover.


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Coniraya

FG, I'm always interested in smiley - donutsmiley - donutsmiley - smiley. Seriously verboten on Rosemary Conley's low fat diet, but I reckon I could always compensate another day.

There is a distinct possiblity my German could get some exercise next year, as H would like to go to Vienna for a weeks' hols.

I do hope we get some snow this year, I know it makes life very difficult in the UK, no studded tyres or chains are allowed and my dear old Dad gets housebound as he is scared to walk in it, but it is soooo pretty.


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Well, you can have some of what I am making if you promise to return the wather back to utah when you are done with the snow.

It has been raining a bit in teh valley and snowing up on the hill from what I am told. It will be interesting to see how much real snow we get with all the water we have pumped up the hill (over 10million gallons if my math is correct).


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - orangebutterfly]
[<¤o¤>]


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Bald Bloke

[BB]

Trying to imagine how much snow 10 Million gallons of water makes.

Concludes

Lots


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Coniraya

smiley - biggrin


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

FG

We have plenty of snow here, which I will be happy to share with any of you. On that note, why aren't studded tires or chains allowed in England? Because of the damage they do to the roads?


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

manda1111


Its just that we dont have that much snow, smiley - biggrin

manda smiley - peacedove


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

Deek

Hi smiley - smiley
A.M.


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

http://www.luminex.it/

Would this make an amazing wedding dress or what?


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Deek

I have a small questionette.

Somewhere back in the backlog someone mentioned a recipe for what was described as, (I think), a perpetual sourdough bread (?) and were about to describe it when my 'puter died and resulted in a downtime of more than a week.

I'm keen to try it and I've tried to find the original post in the thousand or so that happened during my down time, but I just can't. Can anyone refer to that post, and indeed was the recipe posted?

I may of course be completely barking up the wrong tree here...

A.M.smiley - smiley


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Hypatia

Well, the low bid is $175,000 over budget. It could have been worse. That amount is at least possible. It will mean dipping into our endowment for operations. But that will give me an excuse to go to the voters for a levy hike for operations. So, I'm disappointed, but not despairing.


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I think I might have mentioned my attempt at sourdough bread, but I didn't post a recipe. I've been trying to get it to work in my bread machine, but I keep messing it up. So far, one very good white loaf, one so-so whole wheat loaf, one disaster whole wheat lump (even Zeppo barked at it), one just-this-side-of-edible rye loaf, and one mistake that I managed to salvage with the addition of packaged yeast. But when I start getting consistent results I promise to share.

Zeppo was upset with me because he did not get his w-a-l-k today, but then he went out for a little while and after a particularly strong and sustained gust of wind, came back in with his tail between his legs. It is very windy.
smiley - dog


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

It hailed in Watts yesterday, so much so that they had to plow the streets.

I had a surreal moment today...I was doing a mid-term test review with my students, and I realized that they were writing everything I said down, and I sort of felt like a fraud for a split second, and then realized that I really *AM* teaching. Weird.

And I got good news...I was only guaranteed one quarter of TAship this year, but I just found out when I got home that it's been extended to winter, as well. YEAH!!!!


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Sol

[Sol]


62Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


No, really, have a look at that luminex stuff, it's incredible.

You're going to love this. I guarantee it or your money back. As you know, I have suffered from the discovery of two thefts so far this week. Today I discovered another; the outside cat's food bowls.

I thought I misplaced the first one, but I fed her with the second one this morning and when I went outside to fetch it, it was gone. There was no wind to blow it away.

The prime suspect is one of the dogs next door, who has developed a degenerate taste for cat food, living as she does with 11 cats.

The food bowl is too big to be dragged any distance by even the most determined cat (it's yer standard three dollar plastic feed dish from Walmart). And once it's empty they have no interest in it anyway. Most inconvenient, this -- I don't want to be using my regular dishes to feed a cat that doesn't even belong to me!

No wonder she was so hungry so early this afternoon -- Sam(antha) probably sneaked into the courtyard and stole the dish as soon as I went back into the house. I am going to cause the sky to fall in on Sam.

Honestly! smiley - cross


Key: Complain about this post