A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1081

Witty Moniker

I think the FTTF winner should do it. smiley - evilgrin


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1082

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

that's a thought. make the FTTF mug winner the next compiler.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1083

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Wow! 5 hours without a post. Methinks that might be a record.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1084

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I think you may be right, actually.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1085

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Relax, y'all. New thread isn't until tomorrow.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1086

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Tomorow? It's been tomorow for over an hour here.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1087

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Really, I should have gone to bed yesterday.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1088

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Sorry, I was being very latitude-centric. It's 11:15 pm here and I'll be launching a new conversation in the morning. Meanwhile, I've added some esoterica to my journal, something I thought might be a little too oddball to discuss here.

Mac, are you still running a restaurant?


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1089

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Seasonal. People don't enjoy carhop service in the snow. I'm unemployed again.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1090

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Will there be a game going on in the next convo Lil? I think there should be but, I don't have any ideas for one, sorry.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1091

BryceColluphid

[BC]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1092

Titania (gone for lunch)

I'd like a game in the subject line again too - the story telling was great fun (although it got a bit confused at times) and I liked trying to think of new words based on 3 consecutive letters in the previous word...

...but the reason I enjoy it is probably that I miss Greebo's H2IQ quizsmiley - silly

It was cloudy last night, but today the sun is shining from a clear blue sky!smiley - boing I couldn't see that to begin with, because the day started out very foggy and frosty, but the fog is gone now... *thinking of going for a walk before lunch to get a chance to enjoy the nice weather*


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1093

Coniraya

It rained overnight here, the oak trees are finally letting go of their leaves.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1094

Sol

It's just taken me half an hour to send an email to myself from this work computer to my other work computer. Damm, but this computer is slow. Still, with that one action, I have planned half my seminar. Now I'd better get down to the other half. Any bright ideas on activities suitable for pandering to the needs of learners who learn language best through their sense of taste? Or Smell? I thought a little light silliness would be appropriate as a five minute breather in the middle.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1095

marvthegrate LtG KEA

My "office" does not have a refrigerator. Or really, it has an infinate one (and not from CLI). If I need something chilled, I throw it out in the snow. If I want it warmed, I place it on the transformer that I use as a desk.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1096

Phil

[p]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1097

Candi - now 42!

The Crime Prevention Officer came last night, to look at the steps and talk to me and my neighbours about the problems we've been having with the local kids on the property.

He was very friendly and helpful, listened to our grievances and suggested a lockable (is that a word?!) gate at the top of the steps, next to the main road. He also gave us the name and number of the new local community officer whose speciality is youth nuisance, and handed out free personal attack alarms! smiley - yikessmiley - winkeyesmiley - smiley

So now all we have to do is nag our landlord. I think with all of us on at him he'll get it done! smiley - biggrin



I'm off to my yoga class now. smiley - zen


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1098

Phil

Hooray smiley - biggrin Sounds like some sensible suggestions there.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1099

manda1111

Morning all smiley - biggrin

I hope you don't mind me popping in few a while smiley - biggrin

manda smiley - peacedove


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1100

Coniraya

*staggers in from her Pilates class*

That woman is hard taskmaster (or should that tbe mistress?) she concentrated on arm and shoulder work this morning, with the usual core stability and now I feel as my arms don't belong to me!

I think I have earned a bacon butty, but never fear, I shall do the lean and low bacon in my George Foreman grill and will only add a smidgeon of HP sauce.

Candi, you have done everything possible and it is up to the landlord now, but at least you have some official backing to your argument.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more