A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 981

Hypatia

Pumpkin pie spice works very well. And if you don't do a lot of baking, it is more econimical than buyine the ingredients individually.

Let me tell you about my healthier pumpkin pie. I made one last weekend and it was a big hit. I used whole wheat pastry flour and Smart Balance margarine, which has no trans fats, for the crust. Then I used my regular pumpkin custard recipe only substituted Splenda for the sugar and used low fat evaporated milk instead of full fat. The pumpkin and spices are so flavorful that you couldn't tell much difference. smiley - biggrin And I didn't feel a bit guilty eating it. smiley - ok Pumpkin is very healthy. A lot of beta carotene, fiber and a fairly low GI.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 982

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Egon, that is why we refer to the salon backlog as notorious at times.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 983

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

[mt]

Who feels really bad....I had a babysitter, and I was on my way to Courtesy's party, and I blew a tire, and only now got home. I only had the babysitter until 5, so I feel like crap for not making it...

And then, when I call him, he tells me all the stuff I'm missing.

Damn.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 984

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 985

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*purring* My peer-to-peer network is finally working. That has put me in such a good mood that I have decided to forgive Egon for speaking ill of our backforest. smiley - winkeye

So apple pie spice is probably also a melange, but allspice is actually a spice, yes?

*goes off to eat a slice of Walmart pumpkin pie*


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 986

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Sorry to hear that you are missing Courtesy's housewarming MR. I wish I could be there as well.

You know? I don't think that I do any real networking between teh systems on my network. The *Nix box and M$ware boxen are all on real IP addresses and do not see each other. I may change that if I get to feeling ambitious.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 987

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

allspice *is* actually a separate spice, Lil. One that is in both pickling and pie spice mixes.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 988

BryceColluphid

Hello, all !


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 989

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I have gotten so used to Marv working all the time that: when he came online tonight, I thought he had gotten off work extremely early.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 990

Titania (gone for lunch)

Yesterday I heard London being referred to as Sweden's fourth biggest city - because of the obviously quite large number of Swedes living and w*rking there!smiley - biggrin


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 991

Coniraya

T, one half the couple next door is Swedish, the other is Malay and they often speak both Languages plus Englsih at the same time! I think he w*rks at Eriksson which has a large presence in Guildford.

I have heard snippets from Gaze, it was featured on The Month from the Sunday Times, which is a free dvd. There is also a full length video of Just a Few Things That I Ain't, I'm sure it will be one of their classic tracks.

According to scientists at Cornell a cup of cocoa is a better anitoxidant than smiley - redwine. I might need to do some research smiley - winkeye

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3248455.stm


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 992

Phil

We managed lots of gardening this weekend, the tomato plants have been long gone and we're just trying to ripen off the last chilli peppers (they've been grown indoors on windowsills). We did get round to digging over and planting up a load of garlic, some we saved from last years crop and some we've bought in to see what it does.
The grey and dreary looking mornings are well upon us now and not much of the hills and moors could be seen in the low clouds.


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 993

Sol

Back at work after our three day weekend *Thanks god that all the holidays this year seem to be falling on a Friday, so we don't have to do any complicated mucking about with having six day weeks to make up for the three day weeks* and my annual quiver of amusement that Red October day falls in November (yes, I know there's a logical reason. It's still funny).

Saw Revolutions too. Have we had the trashing session yet? *Hiding from all the backlog*


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 994

Phil

No, please if you want to do the trashing, spoilers etc then can it be done in another thread! I want to see the film without having read any spoilers and the rest smiley - cheers


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 995

Coniraya

I second that, Phil. smiley - smiley


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 996

Sol

Okeydokey then. So you don't want to know that everybody dies at the end and any possibility that human civilisation or indeed humans might survive in or out of the Matrix is splendidly blasted. And I guess that the Merovingian turns out to be Neo's father (and Russian to boot)is also uninteresting? As well as the violent crush he develops on Nirobe?. And Morpheus? And I probably shouldn't mention how the entire set design seems to have shifted from the gloomy green moteif to a lucious pink either, eh? While as for the introduction of a major new character played by J. Depp (kept that under wraps din't they)...


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 997

Hypatia

Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

*runs off holding hands over ears*


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 998

Coniraya

La lala la la lalala la

I'm not listening!

Anyone tried to sweep the kitchen floor with a smiley - cat hanging on to the business end? Not easy, I can tell you!


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 999

Phil

For a moment there Caer, I thought you were trying to sweep the kitchen floor with a smiley - cat!


61Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1000

Coniraya

smiley - rofl

I left out 'of the broom' before the ! mark smiley - doh

Actually it wasn't unlike using the smiley - cat to sweep the floor, as she was sliding around trying to catch the broom head and collecting quite a few crumbs on her tummy smiley - laugh

Fortunately she has settled down for a kip, worn out with all the fun.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more