A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 301

Babel17

More anguish and hassle, Lil. smiley - cry
Well, big smiley - hug from me too.
Can I have 'Startac' please (reminds me of the phones I used to pack for "a-large-mobile-company-who-have-just-recently-closed-their-manufacturing-plant-here-in-Scotland")

So the race is at 1am Uk time? Good, I will be back online by then.
All on my lonesome this weekend. smiley - winkeye


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 302

Phil

Just been looking at a website of a singer whose cd I got the other daY. Looks like I'll be able to see him live at a festival later in the year (along with a few others like Billy Bragg and Neil Young (why do you think I got the ticket smiley - smiley)). The singer is Jason Downs and the song is White Boy With A Feather, hip hop with a country vibe. Sounds bad but I think it works. The festival is the Fleadh 2001 and as long as the weather is good should be a good day out.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 303

Chris Tonks

Ah, what a refreshing bout of Half-Life multiplayer gaming that was. smiley - smiley

Anyway, yes, even though - as mentioned before - I don't know the first thing about betting, I'll go for Invisible Ink. I like the name. smiley - winkeye


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 304

Eatsmice.

Blimey B-17, some people get all the excitement.. (thinks of the UFO ride in the Life of Brian)...Glad you're OK tho.

Other, you'd be surprised how many sensible companies use VMS. There was even a guy from BT and another Credit Suisse (spelling?). Plus one from Lockheed and another from Ford UK. !!!!

No thanks Matina..I've managed a few smiley - stiffdrink's today at a barbeque.

smiley - cat


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 305

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I think the race is 11 pm Brit time, not 1 am...

eatsmice, you backing a nag for the Derby? Sure you won't have a mint julep? Matina is making a batch specially -- I brought in some Wild Turkey and fresh mint leaves....

Nobody has gone for the favourite yet, Point Given.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 306

Chris Tonks

Fun barbeque, Eats? smiley - smiley

God, I haven't had one of those in months!


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 307

Eatsmice.

Lil, I'll back Point Given then smiley - smiley . Mind you after this many pints I think I'll keep my wallet firmly shut.
Hi Chris, it was a cracking barbeque, and the weather up here was glorious and warm all afternoon.
A lot cooler now, and happily home with Mrs eats soaking in a hot bath. She's getting bigger and bigger...

What time do the nags leg it down the course Lil?

smiley - cat


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 308

Eatsmice.

Oh, 11pm our time (having reread the thread again...DOH)

Can I have a pint of water please Matina..?

*awaiting hangover.....*

smiley - cat


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 309

Chris Tonks

Good to hear the weather was good! Lovely day over here too, perfect for golf practice (I hit the ball, by Zarquon! smiley - winkeye). smiley - smiley

Well, best be off.

Toodlepip! smiley - smiley


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 310

Babel17

Eek, 11pm? It'll be over before I get home smiley - sadface
Oh well, results when i get in the. smiley - winkeye
See you in 45 mins.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 311

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It was MONARCHOS!!!! Going away, the second fastest time in derby history (Secretariat still holds the record).

Invisible Ink was second.

More results when I calm down. I wish I had bet real money now. smiley - biggrin


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 312

Babel17

Congratulations! smiley - biggrin
I wish you had bet real money too, smiley - winkeye
*can't understand why he got his times wrong, perhaps we shall never know*


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 313

Bald Bloke

Well done Lil smiley - smiley


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 314

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Frankly, I do give a damn I missed the race smiley - bigeyes

Lil, any of those mint juleps left?

Sorry to hear about the dog. On a brighter note, I am unreliably informed that they have very comfortable kennels and unlimited bones available in dog heaven. And lots of trees...


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 315

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Never mind, Looney *handing him a fresh mint julep* there's two more prongs to the triple crown. The Belmont and Preakness are yet to be run. I picked Monarchos because he had an awesome victory in the Florida Derby, coming way round the outside and sweeping the field. He's an unusual colour for a thoroughbred, a blue roan.

The pump has healed itself. Some particulate matter at the bottom of the pool that I don't dare sweep for fear of clouding the water, but I think I'm down to a quick vacuum and dust in the morning and everything should meet even Garius's exacting standards. smiley - winkeye


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 316

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oh, and if there are squirrels in those trees, then it's a heaven made for Gretta. She never got the hang of real hunting. Even when the squirrel made a mistake and fell off the fence or something, Gretta would visibly hesitate, as if the squirrel had somehow broken the Rules of Chase. Then the squirrel would make it to the destination tree, sit there and hurl hideous insults at Gretta, while she in turn parked happily underneath, to keep Squirrel in that tree for the next half hour.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 317

Babel17

LOL smiley - smiley
Reminds me of our chocolate lab. He was daft as a brush. At least his uncle was a better behaved dog, and the only one we kept when we moved off the Island. Poor thing. When dad emigrated to Oz, the dog was sent up to my Uncle in Orkney. He pined away within 6 months.
Wonder if the choclate lab is still alive?


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 318

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

*gently floats in and settles on a chair*

Hello, all. A bit sleepy today. The hub is out of town playing army, and I stayed up a bit to late cleaning the house (i.e., throwing away the packrat's savings!)
d'E, I have to say that I've never looked at that particular brush with death quite that way, but I am pretty sure that the car *might* made by ACME. And frankly, that is a pretty funny way of looking at it!
Lil, I am sorry for your loss. I know how bad it can be, but figure it this way...doggy heaven has to be a good thing. And older dogs, who are in ill health, do not do well with traveling and moving and change. They're a lot like my grandfather that way! smiley - smiley
Suddenly, I am tired. I think it is because there's a thunderstorm moving in, and whenever it rains, I just love to be all curled up with a big poufy blanket and a good book. So I think that is exactly what I am going to do!
Night, everyone.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 319

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I've probably already missed most of todays (tonights) visitors to the Atelier but hopefully the remaining denisons may be able to help me.

In a couple of hours time my (non profit) club is holding a "brainstorming" session. The idea is to come up with fresh ideas so as to make the club a more attractive, vibrant, place to visit. This initial session will be followed by three others over the next month or so.

My question is: "What's trendy in similar establishments (bars, clubs, pubs) overseas?"

All replies will be read with interest.

There is a yarn about the club on my home space.


32Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 320

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I could only give advise about what I like about the places I frequent. Most of which are Dance clubs. Discos I guess.


Key: Complain about this post