A Conversation for FU on tour. Part 2: The intergalactic years

I can't get it out of me head re-visited

Post 1

sezzy_boy


Just to reinforce your probable impression that I'm a lonely old spinster (right so far!) who is one of those people you see wandering around train stations in the middle of large cities singing loudly to themselves, I have yet again managed to have a song stuck in my head for well over 4 days now.

Bought "The very best of Dean Martin" over the weekend and since then haven't been able to stop singing "That's Amore". It's doing my head in (but not as much as the flower people) so I thought I would share...

All together now..

"Whennnnn.....
Thhhhhhhe.......

Moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's

Amore!"

I probably shouldn't admit this but I had "If you're gettin' down baby" by Five, in my head for an entire week after going to their concert and that the only reason I'm not still singing THAT one is because of Dino-baby.

ulp.




Dino

Post 2

FilmFan

I love that album. Superb, innit? I find it impossible to make any adverse comments at all. Now, start singing one of the lesser-known songs instead and watch your Street Cred soar. Allegedly.


Dino

Post 3

withnail20

Amusing Dino anecdote: Once when Frank and Dino were doing a Vegas double act they, inevitably, did a few gags on stage between the tunes. On one particular night Frank did the feedline of a particular joke, Dino delivered the punchline. Result: Gangbusters - it killed, rolling in the aisles.

The next performance Frank insisted Dino deliver the feed, he would do the punchline. Time for the gag - Dino delevered the feedline: hysterics. Frank did the punchline: silence....

Incontrovertible proof (as if it were needed) that Dino was a Top Bloke and Frank was a tosser...


Dino

Post 4

paul15

Vo-La-Re - Lets fly - way up to the clouds... or
Write to me from Naples, write me everyday, I love you and Naples!


Dino

Post 5

Poobie

You're too kind Paul


Dino

Post 6

FilmFan

We don't ALL own that album, surely? It would be funny if it turned out that we were all closet Dino fans...


Dino

Post 7

SpankTM

I don't own it. But my dad might.

And to think I was feeling old because I only heard Moby's "Play" for the first time last week...


Dino

Post 8

Poobie

I only heard that last week as well Spank. I was bought the Human League's "Dare" a couple of weeks ago ... now there's a confession.

I haven't gota Dino album but was listening to "Music to Watch Girls By" at a friends recently ... excellente!


Dino

Post 9

gillian

Fave Dino song title or indeed fave song title; "Gonna get me a bar in the the back of my car and drive myself to drink". No idea how it goes but the title is enough for me.


Dino

Post 10

sezzy_boy


And isn't "play" a smashing album indeed?

On another note. This morning I woke up with the spitting image song in my head....

god knows why..

"...and pretend your name is Keith..."

I think i need psychiatric help.


Dino

Post 11

gillian

Only if you are actually pretending to be called Keith.


Dino

Post 12

withnail20

On the subject of Moby isn't that FF's showbiz pal Christina Ricci in the video for Natural Blues? Looks like her...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more