A Conversation for h2g2 Fiction Central

Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 41

Hunter, who is rarely on H2G2 anymore.

Thanks much!


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 42

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost Thanks, Peregrin. I dunno about a sequil with old Fetchum the Dragon dead, but maybe I can think of someone else to apprentice Farquarte to. We'll see.smiley - biggrin Thank you for all your trouble, and for the encouragement.


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 43

Peregrin

I was quite sorry to see Fetchum gone! smiley - erm

smiley - flyhi


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 44

Mystrunner

I hope this is the right spot. I'd like to submit some fiction for the post...

It's "On The Merits Of Oxen" - A821954


-Mystrunner
smiley - pirate


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 45

Miztres

I'd like to stick my two cents in too please:

Mo's @ A822809

smiley - wizard


Newsflash! Sweeping changes at h2g2 Fiction! Literary world in shock...

Post 46

Peregrin

Hi all,

I've made some changes to h2g2 Fiction, as it was all getting a bit slow and stale. There's now two separate lists of stories - the same stories, organised by Author, or organised by Genre. That way readers will be able to find what they'll be interested in reading quicker. If you have suggestions for placing your stories in the right genre, please say so, as some are very hard to categorise!

More changes coming soon - hopefully. smiley - biggrin

Ooh and thanks for the new stories Mystrunner and Miztres - they're up now.

There's also a discussion page. h2g2 Fiction would benefit from some good debates... please head on over there (link on h2g2 Fiction Central page above) and ask questions, or express your opinions. The more controversial the better! It's too quiet and boring around here for my taste!

smiley - biggrin


Newsflash! Sweeping changes at h2g2 Fiction! Literary world in shock...

Post 47

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost Very nice!
Thanks for featuring my stories. I have a possible market for "The dragon Thing To Do". Can I bribe you to take it down for a few months by sending you a new story? Will send it off in January, and if it sells, they want other sites to take it off for a 2 month period.
I have a new story called "Lung's Task". It's a serious piece about a dragon searching out a demon.
lol either way, I win.


Newsflash! Sweeping changes at h2g2 Fiction! Literary world in shock...

Post 48

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost
Here's a Jessie (The witch) story I just finished.
It's called "Oops!" http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A908219


Re: Oops!

Post 49

dihybrid, bringing you 100% natural chaotic disequilibrium since 1986 | no war on Iraq

*chuckle* Fun read; reminds me of the time when something fouls up on your comp and you call tech support, only to the find that the little hole in the back actually _wasn't_ a pencil sharpener...

If you want some more technical (read "anal and nitpickish") feedback, I can do that too.

smiley - peacesign Cheers


Story for consideration

Post 50

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Well, this isn't quite finished yet, not sure its worth finishing off, but anyway... A952904, any comments welcome... (I can vaguely remember the original ending and will probly rewrite it before trying anything else....)

Love Fiction central by the way, only read the Dragon story so far though, did it ever get published BTW?


Story for consideration

Post 51

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost Thanks, Dihibrid. I'd love any input you have.

Thanks Argon0. Not yet. I sent it in to a magazine, and am awaiting a response. It'll probably get turned down, though. I'm not expecting to sell my first piece so easily.
It got rejected a while back by "Dragon Magazine". They couldn't use it, and said that it didn't hold their interest.


Story for consideration

Post 52

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost Sorry, that's "Dihybrid". Ooops.


Story for consideration

Post 53

dihybrid, bringing you 100% natural chaotic disequilibrium since 1986 | no war on Iraq

No worries. Here's what I got:

(Note: I've moved my own punctuation outside any quotation marks, as per what's been referred to as "hacker convention"; this, although grammatically incorrect, will prevent any confusion regarding the contents of "literal strings".)

>escape/alt/delete<

Hm. I thought it was Ctrl+Alt+Del. This is, of course, a content-related/stylistic issue rather a mechanical one.

In the fourth paragraph, >fire light< could (and probably should, but it's borderline optional) be "firelight".

In the seventh paragraph, >catastrophy< should be "catastrophe".

In the eighth paragraph, >camp fire< probably should be "campfire".

In the seventh paragraph, >that's the way it worked< should be "that _was_ the way it worked"; otherwise, you have a faulty tense change (from present to past).

In the ninth paragraph, >Oh, The< should be "Oh, the".

In the ninth paragraph, >ignight< should be "ignite".

In the ninth paragraph, >setting up< could be replaced by "sending up", depending on the image you'd like to construe.

In the twelfth paragraph, >harley< should be "Harley".

In the thirteenth paragraph, >up the embankment, towards< should "up the embankment towards".

In the fifteenth paragraph, >It's just me< should be "it's just me".

In the fifteenth paragraph, >Sulfur< could be "sulfur", depending on context. If it's normal sulfur the "s" should not be capitalized; if it's magical sulfur the capitalization is fine.

In the fifteenth paragraph, >o.k.?< should be "okay?" (literary convention).

In the fifteenth paragraph, >back fire< should be "backfire".

smiley - cheers
dihybrid | smiley - peacesign in Iraq | no smiley - rocket budget cuts


Story for consideration

Post 54

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost Thanks! smiley - biggrin I've copied and pasted these onto a conversation at the site and will go back next week and edit the entry.
I appreciate your trouble.


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 55

Europeep

I don't know if this is the right spot either but I here's a stroy for anyone who is curious: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A969636


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 56

Darkwin - the critical morass from terrarium

Ooops, i started a new thread. Guess that was wrong. Anyway, I'm writing a story in series. Write now, i've written 3 and writing the fourth one. i'll keep informing as i write more. here are the presently completed ones:
A1010692 - Void Fruitcake: #1 "Creation of the Deuciverse"
A1011970 - Void Fruitcake: #2 "You Give, You Get. So Where's the Profit?"
A1013419 - Void Fruitcake: #3 "Poets are Born, That's the Trouble"

Thanks smiley - smiley


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 57

Andy

Hello

Just thought, this being a significant year (read and you'll see), that I would have a go at putting some fiction up here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A1104157

It's quite long (2,600 odd words). Please let me know what you think. Any feedback is welcome.

Andy


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 58

Fictionfinder General Baxter Horowitz (Fiction Central Resurrected)

Right this is a wake up notice from the thread. Just to say that Fiction Central is now under new management. Peregrin has kindly given us permission to take over it, and the editing rights have now passed over in to the hands of myself (Verc) and the very capable [HPB] using this joint user account.

Any story submissions, page edits requests or whatever can now be submitted.

All the best,
Verc


Should h2g2 Fiction become one of the Review Forums?

Post 59

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Oooooh...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more