A Conversation for Ristorante Mamma Peta

Stammtisch

Post 1

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*walks in, smells the dellicious spaghetti and sits in the corner*

May I have a spaghetti carbonara and a glass of Chianti please?

I love it here, so you can count with a new resident customer from now on. Hey, maybe I can start sort of "Stammtisch" here? "Stammtisch" is a german word for a table (always the same) in a restaurant, a pub, etc., where friends meet regularily. And I can imagine, that there will be lots of returning customers smiley - smiley!


Stammtisch

Post 2

Demon Drawer

Sure thing glad to see a new regular customer turn up. Things have been a bit slow around here. smiley - smiley


Stammtisch

Post 3

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Well, maybe I can find another friends of italian food and ambiente smiley - winkeye


Stammtisch

Post 4

CyyStCyr

Allora .... adesso io sono in foro smiley - smiley
Dove sono gli pasti? Dove e il vino?
Dove sono tutti?
Io ho portato un poco di bruschetta et alcuni espressi. smiley - smiley

*runs out of words and sits in the patio in the shade*

*tries to remember more words*

Mi dispiace, ho dimenticato tutto.

It's always good to remember that one smiley - winkeye


Stammtisch

Post 5

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hi Cyy,

jeez, you are making me nervous - I don't understand a word (well almost), but maybe it's a good idea to look around to someone with italian knowledge. I always wanted to learn it.


Stammtisch

Post 6

CyyStCyr

I'm sorry .... I've almost exhausted my Italian .... that was about 50 % of what I still remember and 25 % of what I once knew .... I always wanted to learn it, too, but never did.

Still, having learned Latin once helps a lot with Italian, Spanish and French. It doesn't help you with the spelling, nor with the pronunciation of French smiley - sadface. Mine is awful.

But the most important thing when you are traveling is to be able to read the menu smiley - smiley. And I love to read Italian menus smiley - smiley.


Stammtisch

Post 7

James Casey

*Warning* Pedant alert--Pedant Alert

Shurely that should be 'Ristorante'?

Dove la chiesa per favore e come se dice in inglese il gelato? smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post